Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disabling right mouse button

i suggest that you guys read up about the anti point system because when you are an antionline newbie and you have less than 50 positive antipoints, the antipoints that you assign to people dont have any value...
    Support your right to arm bears.

^^This was the first video game which i played on an old win3.1 box

Try this:

<html>
    <body>
    <script language="JavaScript"><!--
    function rc(evnt){if (navigator.appName.toUpperCase().match(/NETSCAPE/) != null)
    {if (evnt.which>=2){alert("Copyright©");return false;}}else
    {if (event.button>=2){alert("Copyright©");}}}document.onmousedown=rc;
    if (document.layers)window.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);window.onmousedown=rc;
    //--></script>
    </body>
    </html>

Surley its the thought that counts White_Eskimo!!

So far I haven't found any way that you can protect an image from being taken from a website.

One way to get it, if the right mouse button is disabled, is to go to VIEW and then select SOURCE and find out the path to the image itself. If that doesn't work you can do a simple little trick to get it using your right mouse button anyway:

First right click on the image. At this point a message box will pop up telling you to back off and not to steal the image or something along the way of that.

After the message box has come up once and you click on OK to get rid of it, move your mouse up to the title bar of your web browser and hold down on your right mouse button.

Then drag your pointer down over the image and let the right button up. Usually it takes a couple of seconds to happen, but the usual box will pop up asking you if you want to copy the image, which you can then do.

Of course I do not condone stealing anyone's work, but it ticks me off when they try to protect something they put up for the entire world to see. If it's that important don't put it on a web page, eh? I taught myself how to do it just to be able to do it.

Watcher
    \"The feeling of losing your mind is a terrible thing. But once it\'s gone, you\'re fine.\"
    Carrie Fisher

Ask your hosting provider about hotlink protection

Banned
    Yeah i tried that first, i searched everywere, sent a few emails to the admin. But She simply told me that they have not included those sort of codes, And that if i wanted to add them then i could, i had to find them if i really wanted them that badly.
    And i do as i am doin a website on my drawing's and photo's and stuff like that,
    And like if the person is really desperate to steal the pictures then hey let them figure it out..
    I just would like to know that there is some sort of thing that will make them think twice before copyin......
    Anyhow cheers to everyone that has helped me with there ideas and tips.
    I have learnt a lil bit more, and hopefully i will be able to share my knew found knowledge with someone else that has the same problem..
    Cheers

P.S: I did not know that i was commitin a crime by handin out positive AO points, it was my way of sayin thankyou to the people who tried to help me.

One Who Watches -
    Or you can simply drag the image to your little status bar (the bar thats above the other bar with the start menu)(..Lol ) with your left mouse button (works in IE)

Sorry for late response -.-

Banned
    You do _not_ have the ability to prevent the user from copying anything that they can see in their browser. (once they see it they must have downloaded and decoded/decrypted/god knows what it) Any attempts like disabling right click, encrypting the source with active scripting, etc, etc are all wastes of space and effort and they just make you look silly for trying, plus it is highly irritating when websites try to control my UI beyond normal use (disabling right click, resizing, music, whatever...)

If you have important things that you don't want copied simply copyright them and if for some reason you come across a site violating said copyrights talk to the owner/admin... most people are more than willing to respond adequetly to a polite copyright enforcement request, if not then bring in the lawyers if it means that much to you.

catch