Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C programming

I perfer Bloodshed C/C++ complier. I just like the look and setup. You can get it from Download.com

Try the Turbo C/C++ compiler seems 2 b quite good

hi i wanna make a compiler threw C. is any body have knoledge about this skills or any body having it's sourec code then promt to this site.

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi vyom786

do you mean you want to write a new programming language...........and you wnat to write the compiler for that language in C..

well if you are serious then my advice will be to write the compiler in that very language you are planing to make ....well most of the compilers are written that way.......sounds confusing isen't it .........how could you write a compiler in a language that isen't there .....well

Or you are trying to write a new C compiler please explain ?

Does these terms Lexical Analysis , Parsing , Parse Tree ring a bell if not you have tons of reading to do .

If you are really serious then i will try to help you to the best of my ability

here is a sample documantation of a sample tcc compiler it will give you a hint to what to expect

http://wandel.ca/homepage/tcc/tcc.pdf

--Good Luck--

i love C programming,

but if want something new you should try C++

and i think it would be better if you don't learn C first (i don't know why, many C++ experts say so in there books)

if you want a compiler check

www.delorie.com

for a perfect compiler

Okay what is the compiler for red hat 9? or shall i download ? which one !!

I personally think that if you are really new to programming you should start with some

programming language like BASIC. A lot of people think that BASIC isn't all that powerful.

I agree that C is more "hardcore" than BASIC ; but BASIC gives the basics of programming.

After understanding the rudiments of programming , you can start with learning C. Download

free C Compilers like DEV C++ and read free e-books on C.

Check out free e-books on C here : http://www.flashdance.cx/books/

PacKEt Thirst

hi i wanna make a compiler threw C. is any body have knoledge about this skills or any body having it's sourec code then promt to this site.
    Hey vyom ...

U might wanna start learning a book called " English Grammar And Composition By Wren And Martin " and try learning an ordinary language before you start creating a new
    programming language compiler !

I don't think you will need language to make something new.

to Mike:
    C++ <i>is</i> C.

Man, screw my internal organs! Liver? Who needs a liver?

I can understand saying: "No, this compiler doesn't support C++, it isn't the right one for you" or "Nah, don't use those .h header files, they're outdated, and some present security risks in certain applications," but to say that the heart and soul of a language should go out the window, that doesn't fly with me.

Bloodshed Dev is an excellent place to start, though I do like the freedom of GCC run on the command-line in Linux (no complicated file managers, etc, just open up Joe or Emacs and type it in, save with a .cpp file extension, and a.out)

While nearly 90% of commercial business software is written in BASIC, and the learning curve for C/C++ is more demanding on the student, I see no reason why a person of average intelligence (or above and beyond, I'm not attempting to categorize anyone here, especially not based on viewing a single forum post) should have any notable difficulty in learning the syntax. If anything, it makes it that much more difficult to break the numerous bad habits reenforced by BASIC's superlative ease.

To the guy selling copies of "Elements of Style" on his Amazon account: I took a year's worth of college courses designed with the specific aim of getting an English in Journalism degree and maintained a 4.0 gpa. None of those courses were in any way beneficial to my quest for a degree in computer programming, other than providing an extensive vocabulary with which to criticize people for their grammatical atrocities and spelling butcheries on the internet. Yes, I ended a sentance with a prepositional phrase. Don't try to justify your classifications of other people with something so pointed and underhanded as a reccomendation toward a dictionary.