Thread: IRC Channels?

IRC Channels?

I was wondering if some people could tell me some good IRC channels and servers for general security and programming knowledge and discussions. Im just tried of reading dated files on things. Anything you can offer would be a great help. Thanks in advance.
    [gloworange]And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through the phone line like heroin through an addict\'s veins, an electronic pulse is sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is found. \"This is it... this is where I belong...\" I know everyone here... even if I\'ve never met them, never talked to them, may never hear from them again... I know you all...[/gloworange]

You can always try www.pureescape.net , it's a security focused site, with current news, forums, the best downloads, everything is pretty current and there's also realtime chat, you can use the java client on the site when your not on your home computer, or your own IRC client.

Enjoy!

--PuRe
    Like this post? Visit PuRe\'s Information Technology Community. We\'ve also got some kick ass Technology Forums. Shop for books and dvds on LiveWebShop.com

if you ever get bored being on the Security channels on IRC join irc.unerror.com #lobby

There is security talk on ther every now and then, theres also a lot of googin around to though. You'll find some AO members there.
    =

Ok thanks alot! Ill check those out...Any more?
    [gloworange]And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through the phone line like heroin through an addict\'s veins, an electronic pulse is sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is found. \"This is it... this is where I belong...\" I know everyone here... even if I\'ve never met them, never talked to them, may never hear from them again... I know you all...[/gloworange]

shrekkie.serveirc.com
    irc.bytekill.net
    irc.loonyservices.com

Found on this post

Banned
    irc.yoursincyberspace.com #GreetingsAll

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    c0de.hopto.org #c0de
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

Developer Extraordinar
    Well, acctually, Shrekkie.serveirc.com now points to Martlev.
    IRC.ByteKill.net no longer exists.

And Irc.LoonyServices, and my server, irc.unerror.com are now linked. So ofcourse I suggest irc.unerror.com #lobby. There's alot of cool people that hang out on UnError/LoonServices.

We have a Java client you can use here(http://irc.unerror.com)