AntiOnline Cited In Book
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AntiOnline Cited In Book

Thumbs up AntiOnline Cited In Book

I just read the book "Hacker Culture" By Douglas Thomas and I noticed that he mentioned AntiOnline In this Paragraph.

"Additionaly, hackers have taken to creating thier own news sites such as the Hacker New Network and Anti-Online, both of which provide a specialized new service about events and news of interest to the hacker communtiy."
    This is located on page 140 for anyone wishing to look it up. Just thought I tell some people about it.

Banned
    Yeah... actually AO has been mentioned in many other books and not to mention the news a few times also.

BIOS Bomber
    I feel so special! WOOOOOOOO.

Heh, sorry, couldn't help myself. Maybe I'll become a media whore! I'll make a name for myself by attacking journalists, since they dont do anything but bitch and write
    "When in doubt, use Brute Force."

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Wtf?

Yes, I recall while reading the book CyberShock it mentioned something about AO being in some kind of hacker war of some sort? I was a little confused by that.

Anyone have any info about that by the way? Or is the author mistaken?

--Peace
    The real question is not whether peace can be obtained, but whether or not mankind is mature enough for it...

Banned
    Hey everyone, just last year, in AUSTRALIA. I was watching this documentry, it was About Kevin Mitnick and a few others, And the person interviewing Kevin make a comment about
    "Antionline"....
    And asked he's thought's about this site, Kevin being the uphimself looser that he is, had nothin to say about this place, well nothing nice that is.
    Anyhow i too have also read some interesting books witch have made reference to this site being a haven for computer criminals.....?
    Witch is wierd because i have noticed that as soon as someone comes in here posts a question about hacking, cracking, or phreaking, they get flammed and banned.....?
    So whom ever is writing or saying that sort of stuff that AO is a place for criminals, well i think that they need there brains examined.
    As the only stuff that i've learnt in here is how to solve my computer problems and , learn more about computer security, from others in here....
    AND I WILL GIVE A HUGE THUMBS UP TO EVERYONE, AND TO JP. YOUR A GENIUS AND AFTER READING THAT STUFF ON YOUR MAKESHIFT WEBSITE, I WAS PROUD TO BE APART TO ME APART OF THIS ORGANISATION!!!
    (sorry about the caps, )
    Anyhow in closing, i think that newsreporters are wrong and that they should actually come here were they would be suprised that they were wrong!!!!
    Cheers.

What you expect the media to report the truth?
    And you expect them to use what little intelligence that they may have to try to figure out what is realy happening here...

Mind you I can here because of the reported link to hacking (read as the Lamer Culture).. only to find the opposite. more a anti-lamer culture..

But reporters are to interested in the easy explaination to understand this.. and unfortunatly so are 90% of the general population..

Cheers

BTW: I have forgotten the password to my (G/F's) Hotmail account.. can someone help me recover it..?
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Banned
    Originally posted here by Und3ertak3r
    I have forgotten the password to my (G/F's) Hotmail account.. can someone help me recover it..?
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...314#post661314

Shame on you!!
    LOL I thought questions like this had already been covered dozens of times...
    It apparently never seems to get boreing to some peaple though...

Banned
    cyru5_nuk3,
    Kevin being the uphimself looser that he is
    Well from the documentary that i watched, i was amazed at his level of inteligance and computer knowledge, even if he was a criminal, the skills he possessed would put most "so called" tech's to shame.
    He has and is making lots of money from the knowledge he has. Running his own computer
    security business. Ha! what a looser.
    Also
    Anyhow i too have also read some interesting books which have made reference to this site being a haven for computer criminals......? Which is wierd because i have noticed that as soon as someone comes in here posts a question about hacking, cracking, or phreaking, they get flammed and banned......?
    Well i suspect the serious hackers
    that are definately here at this site would have some sort of social engineering skills and would'nt be asking lame ass questions in the first place.
    So whom ever is writing or saying that sort of stuff that AO is a place for criminals, well i think they need their brains examined
    Come on man! I first came to this site
    after being infected with a trojan. I explained what my computer was doing and recieved the
    helpfull information that enabled me to fix this problem. In doing so "coming here with a problem relating to security" this provides not only the law abiding visitors with information
    but also the criminals that are here to gather info as well. Unfortunately a security related
    issue can't be hidden from these criminals, i suppose we just have to try and be one step ahead, hopefully that is......
    Anyways just my opinion..... TidaL...

Flash M0nkey
    Alot of the reason for this site being portrayed the way it is is due to the large security files/progs section which contains everything from keyloggers to trojans - some may ask why do these files remain then? simple reason - know thy enemy

v_Ln