Thread: Microsoft goes cellular

Microsoft goes cellular

Qoute: Today Motorola Inc. and Microsoft Corp. announced an alliance to combine the power of the desktop with the “always at hand” convenience of the mobile phone, making life simpler, smarter and more synchronized for mobile professionals around the globe. Starting with today’s introduction of the new Motorola MPx200 mobile phone with Microsoft® Windows Mobile™ software, the companies will collaborate on a series of smartphone and Pocket PC wireless devices designed to create a virtual “remote control” for the Web-centric, work-centric, always-on-the-go mobile professional.

So how do you think this will effect internet security???

Article:
    http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter/...691_23,00.html

Me and a friend of mine were talking the other day about the next generation of virii. I think that eventually we will see virii that will spread via text message, and be mass sms, in theory send itself to everyone in your phone book that has a number that starts 07, (english mobiles). this would cost alot to consumers (10p per text), if you had 60 people that £6.00, may nopt sound alot but imagine if 1000 people got infected.

Not to mention the strain it would put on the mobile comapines.

I think if they are going to make phones that are more OS based than they currently are, for example the Mircosoft Windows Mobile and not just a menu system then they need to take into account the security implications first of all.

Just my opinion

Dahquim
    What colour do smurfs go when they hold there breath???

There are all ready sms viri, so this wont affect that, hell MS has allready been in the cellular market in europ, no real change to the market or to security, cell phones are disturbingly insecure, I doubt MS could make it any worse (you can't get worse then no security) and we all know they wont make it any better.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

Banned
    I think that we should have Linux on our cellphones ...

Oh my... Here goes the cell phone industry. MS has been in the phone industry already but the growing interest may just make things worst.

The first game system to come up with an invalid page fault (blue screen of death) was the X-box. Are we going to hear of such an occurrence on cell phones now? Cell phones are so insecure why make them more insecure.

I doubt MS could make it any worse (you can't get worse then no security)
    bballad I think MS can make it worst. Just thinking about MS on cell phones now makes it worst in my books. Just a thought...

I hope that doesn't fly to far.

Guidance...
    - The mind is too beautiful to waste...
    Cutty

Banned
    oh crap. MICRA$OFT IS TRYING TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD....
    AAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Nightfalls_Girl

/me goes and curls up in a corner clawring at head, trying to get to the voices with in...

why dont they just use an open source kernel for the os on the cell phones so that people can update them and the phone companys can then have millions of people working on an os for them and they dont have to pay anyone... the problem with that is that if anyone had access to the source they could more easily find a bug... but open source security is better than no security...
    You laugh because im different, i laugh because your all the same.