Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: getting pinged repeatedly

Originally posted here by nihil
    Willow,

I think that your problem has ended..............but I do have a concern for your personal safety......sorry...............I am being deadly serious here...............I believe that Gore might have received the same message as myself???

Do lock all doors & windows........let people know where you are going... check in regularly. You might even report to your local police that you have been "cyberstalked"...OK I am assuming that you are a female? but even if you are a good looking bloke...........I am worried.

Please take care, whoever you are

I MEAN THAT.............I just got something through the AO system that worries the hell out of me

Cheers

Johnno
    wtf Nihil?

Its just a simple ping man, I get them all the time from my ISP's DNS servers.
    =

Cheyenne,

I got a weird positive antipoints from someone.........said "I won't be back" or something..........hell I drink like a fish... but that scared me sober! I am not joking old chap, I am seriously worried about this one.

Cheers

Johnno

Are you drunk right now?
    =

No Sir, I am not

And I am seriously concerned here................look at the antipoints.....Gore and me....I bet Gore got a similar message?

cheers

no cheyenne.. I think he's smoking some real good ganja and is NOT sharing

nihil.. PARANOIA.. will destroy ya

Gentlemen,

Please look at the antipoints awarded to Gore and myself?...a bit strange? why?...was our advice THAT good?......I will go back and try to copy the actual message I got...but I am worried.....and I am very serious

As for smoking....I am bloody allergic to it come out in a rash and all

cheers

Banned
    actually Digital Syntax Ap'ed me and said that he wont come back and that he is sorry for what he has done ..im kinda worried right now too, now that you mention the worrying stuff ..I tried to PM him and e-mail him ..i also made a thread in GCC maybe he will reply ...wtf is going on .. ?

Thanks MemorY,

I did not want to name DigitalSyntax...but he sent me the message(via antipoints)...as I do not know the guy, I was very worried.........jumped to conclusions as usual?

Oh Well..............might as well get drunk?

Cheers mate

Im an idiot here so correct me if i am wrong. Is this a constant Pinging? like it happens several times in a minute? It is possible that you have been targeted for a DDOS attack by some kiddie. I could be wrong tho.
    \"The wise programmer is told about Tao and follows it. The average programmer is told about Tao and searches for it. The foolish programmer is told about Tao and laughs at it.
    If it were not for laughter, there would be no Tao.\"

Sorry about the earlier panic.............when that guy AP'd me and claimed responsibility it kinda threw me

I notice that you are using cable. These tend to have a fixed IP address. As the system has not been in stealth mode up to now, it may have been detected by a number of people. It is also possible that you may have "inherited" an address that was owned by someone else before, and compromised whilst they had it?

The firewall will now prevent people "seeing" when the machine is connected, but it might still be an idea to get the address changed?

Cheers