Thread: ftp and routers

Unhappy ftp and routers

ok i dont realy know about any of this, i have a problem with uploading my site via ftp on dreamweaver. However, i am behind a wireless router. I have activated the DMZ for my computer but it still doesnt work. Does this router have anything to do with my problem. Help appreciated.

Try a real ftp prog or use a dos ftp command tocheck if the port is open and its not a problem in the dreamweaver 's ftp client

it easyer to use a real ftp program than dreamwaevaers client

if its a problem whit your routr then tell us what config you have : type of router os etc...

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Nerve: First, take your computer out of the DMZ.... It's kinda swinging in the breeze for everyone to play with......

Since you are initiating the connection from inside the network there should be no problem with the connection. The only problem I could forsee is if the ftp server responds back on a different port, (your router would drop it). With logging turned on on your router so you can see what actually happens try the upload again and then check the logs.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides