Thread: SoBig tutorial needed

SoBig tutorial needed

Howdy ppl...does anyone know how the SoBig virus replicates and works in detail. I think that would be helpful in designing a measure to stop or to reduce the threat that the Sobig.G virus is expected to inflict. I really dont stand for the filter approch in which you filter all the executable files or for filtering unknown users.
    The more I learn the less I know...

What is wrong with filtering emails with executable attachments? With the exception of a very few tech support people sending me patches/fixes/updates I never get legit emails with executables. I don't really see how knowing the details of how it spreads will help you to block it.

Any of the big AV vendors has full information online about this and any other virii out there.

Originally posted here by IFixDaWindoze
    What is wrong with filtering emails with executable attachments? With the exception of a very few tech support people sending me patches/fixes/updates I never get legit emails with executables. I don't really see how knowing the details of how it spreads will help you to block it.
    You actually don't see how knowing the way a virus spreads can help you to combat it? How the hell would you learn to block something without knowing it's method of infection or mobility?

joyride- Here is the page that Symantec posted about the virus and it's method of infection.
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com...obig.f@mm.html

I say if your gonna send an exe zip it up, that way exe files can be blocked and when a person download a zip file they can scann it first brfore opening it. Thats what were trying to do ay my workplace, a local ISP.
    AntiOnline Quick Forum Version 2b Click Here

Or another method I find quite useful would be to rename it to SoBig.ded... accidents do happen