Security Scanning sites

Thread: Security Scanning sites

Security Scanning sites

Hey all, quick question...

Does anyone know of good sites that offer remote screening of an individual's computer for commonly exploited ports, or let's you know if you're leaking information like a hose? I'm fairly confident I've got my firewall all up to date, but I'd like a 2nd opinion.

I'm not new to the computer security topic, per se, but I sure am new here. Look forward to conversing regularly.

Shields Up!
    Click on [All Service Ports], it is a button in the middle, on the bottom of the page.

GRC is a very good resource for quite a bit of miscellaneous information. Browse through the rest of the site while you are visiting there.

Ninja Code Monkey
    Washington State
    Symantec also has a section on their website to do this.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

if worse comes to worse try and setup/get access to a nessus server, that scanner works wounders. It scans like hell and also gives you an idea of why its a hole, and howto fix it sort of. Althogh Im thinking that it just says something along the lines of "update your ssh server". Hope that helps some.
    The internet, not just for stalkers and pervs, but for computer geeks too!

cool deal

Thanks guys, I'll check those sites.

Although the Symantec site keeps giving me their version of a 404 when I follow thier links to the test..