WIN98 help, Admin privliges?

Thread: WIN98 help, Admin privliges?

Banned

WIN98 help, Admin privliges?

I just recovered my system which is running win98, and i have a cd for my main ISP and when i try to install it it says i have to have administrative. how do i activate this?

by the way the isp is people pc, if that helps, whats up with this

hmmmm.. in w98.. you are always in admin mode..

sounds like this isp software is geared towards win2k/xp..

you sure you're installing from the right folder off that cd ? who is the isp ?

edit : oh, you edited in the isp.. lemme look at what they have on their site.

Banned
    well i just started using this isp yesterday and it was working great. then something happend in my comp and it went on the binge so i used the recovery cd, and now i put the cd in (it autoruns) and it starts normal then it says i must have administrative priviliges to install "this software" WTF. it says to logon with a username that has admin access

i searched all over the help files, i even resorted to my A+ book, to no avail. so now im using my old isp which expires in i think two days. what a mess

I just looked at their site.. seems you have to be a member already to even see the downloads.. I'll send you a private message with some info to help you out.

http://www.peoplepc.com/connect/index.asp

Banned
    cool, thanks