Bill Gates WILL send you money!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bill Gates WILL send you money!

Bill Gates WILL send you money!

A settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit about certain Microsoft software acquired by consumers and businesses between February 18, 1995 and December 15, 2001 for use in California. People and businesses that are covered by the settlement can get vouchers that may be redeemed for cash after buying eligible computer products.

http://www.microsoftcalsettlement.com/
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)

/me rocking dancing on this settlement...BILLY BOY needed such thing....Justice to end user is delayed not denied.......I feel now onwards M$ will take things more seriously
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

Hmmm... Something just doesn't feel right with this. I just glanced through the PDF file that gave the gorey details of the settlement and apparently to make a claim, you have to mail a form to Minneapolis? Seems odd that a California settlement would be handled in MN.

Eh, maybe I'm just being too skeptical, but this sure does smell like one of those "forward this on to as many people as possible and Billy G. will send you $10" emails...

alpha

it was on slashdot, do you trust slashdot?
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)

$16!!!! I can't even buy a tank of gas out here for that. Well, maybe I can buy a cup of coffie.
    cybnut

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Heh, i got an email about this a few months back. I think its a hoax. But dont take my word for it. I got it as those "forward this on to as many people as possible and Billy G. will send you $10"

Cheers.
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

no, not that, that is a hoax, this is a real settlement made by microsoft with the general public in the state of california. also, the manufacturers of lindows has offered to file a claim on your behalf, keep the settlement money, and give you free stuff, if you live in california. http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?s...tid=137&tid=99

Originally posted here by alphabetarian
    Hmmm... Something just doesn't feel right with this. I just glanced through the PDF file that gave the gorey details of the settlement and apparently to make a claim, you have to mail a form to Minneapolis? Seems odd that a California settlement would be handled in MN.

Eh, maybe I'm just being too skeptical, but this sure does smell like one of those "forward this on to as many people as possible and Billy G. will send you $10" emails...

alpha
    Minneapolis could be where the lawyers offices are located.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Minneapolis could be where the lawyers offices are located.
    Didn't think of that... I suppose that's possible. Oh well, life goes on...

Banned
    Well, knowing how they work the judicial system, Microsoft will have an injunction and an appeal on this pretty quickly, assuming that they think it is worth fighting.

Putting together the paperwork and materials to get the (what was it, US$16?) settlement probably isn't worth the time and effort. Just another frivolous lawsuit that is clogging US courts and taking time and money away from real, productive activity.

I suppose, if I were a lawyer, I'd think this was a good thing.