Thread: Google Code Jam

Google Code Jam

To write great code, it helps to have serious problems.
    Anyone can hack together a linked list inverter. A lot of programmers can put out something more elegant, given unlimited time and resources. Some can even solve complex problems under pressure. But only a handful of coders crank out brilliant code when faced with a mind-bending challenge and a looming deadline. For them, impossible demands are the ones that begin to get just a bit interesting.

We have some serious problems and we'd like to share them with people who are motivated by that kind of challenge. So, you're invited to take part in the Google Code Jam 2003, a programming competition that will be worthy of your time, your skills and your interest. To take part, visit: http://www.topcoder.com/googlecodejam
    1st Place $10,000
    2nd Place $5,000
    3rd Place $3,500
    4th Place $1,250
    Top 25 finalists will have an all expense paid trip to Google headquarters in Mt. View, CA – where the finals will be held on November 14, 2003

Source/More Info : http://www.google.com/codejam/
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

r u entering?
    That which does not kill me makes me stronger -- Friedrich Nietzche

those with faster connections may have a slight advantage, it seems to me.

very small advantage, but that could translate into thousands of dollars in difference.

RE: Neat

Thats pretty cool. My coding skills are not that of a professional, but I hope to try. It looks like a lot of fun.

I dont know if there will be some sort of NDA to go along with this but if there isnt could someone please tell me what they consider extremely hard programming problems. Im not mocking them or anything I would just like to know what they consider hard.(b/c anything i dont know i consider hard )
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=517

the Open Source model doesn\'t offer any great benefit in
    terms of reliability and security. -Bill Gates

well mate what i expect them is to give really challenging problems or puzzles to be solved using programming....and i am C speaker ( C only) ...may i will jump in tooo.
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;