Thread: any recommendations....?

any recommendations....?

Hi folks,
    I'm designing a network for an internet/gaming cafe (about 35 machines). They'll be using a T1 connection. I'm thinking about setting up a Cisco 1700 or 2600 router (any comments...?). But I'm not sure what kinda firewall to put...any recommendations for that...? has anyone used a cisco PIX..? or something similar to it..?
    Any comments regarding the design, router, firewall etc.. will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance for all the help.

Hey FAQ- maybe you could get a little more attention for yourself by being an ******* somewhere else. Members here are not going to humor you.

Formanite-
    There is a great product from fortinet called the fortigate that is a firewall/antivirus/IDS. It is a wonderful product and reasonably priced. It recieves virus updates automatically from fortinet within hours of new virus discoveries. They patched their boxes world-wide for the blaster worm within 4 hours of it's discovery. Wonderful company and a great product. Their SOHO line should fit your needs. Here is a link to that series.
    http://www.fortinet.com/products/telesoho.html

-NeuTron

Banned
    oi FAQ your link it dont work....

Nightfalls_Girl

thanks a bunch NeuTron, I checked out Fortinet's products and looks like FortiGate 100 or 200 will be a good choice. I'll call them to get a price quote and see how much difference is there between cisco's PIX-515 or 520 and fortigate.
    Once again, thanks for your help.

FAQ Dont you think to look at the number of posts made? I cant see what was wrong with
    the question asked, seems genuine to me.

NeuTron, Well said totally agree.

FAQ,
    dickhead
    TidaL.....