Thread: Software Needed: Message with Expiration Time/Limited Viewing...

Software Needed: Message with Expiration Time/Limited Viewing...

I'm looking for a software program that will allow me to encrypt (very good encryption) a message (text, images) and set it to expire either by date of after one viewing/execution. I want to send it via email as an attachment or distribute it on disk. I'd like it to be simple for the recipient to use -- e.g. they simply execute it and enter a password and the message is shown to them. Also, I'd like it to disable copy/paste...

Please let me know of any software you know of that can do this. I have many other encrption programs, but they do not allow for expiration...

Thank you.

cimotaflow

this message will autodestruct in 5 seconds....5,...4,...3,....2

lol i use to play a ton of counter-strike but i am having problems installing 1.6 on my computer...i beta tested it though....anyways, back to the question, sure some of us could write a program for you, but if you read the FAQs this is a security site, not a site where you come and ask us to write programs for you and then pay us (hopefully there is some kind of pay orelse no one will do this). Anyways, if you really wanted to write a program that does that then you should go out and learn a programming language and write your own program...not ask one of us to write it for you
    Support your right to arm bears.

^^This was the first video game which i played on an old win3.1 box

I'm not asking for this software to be coded. I'm inquiring about a program that is already written. Anyone know where such a program is?

not a site where you come and ask us to write programs for you and then pay us (hopefully there is some kind of pay orelse no one will do this). Anyways, if you really wanted to write a program that does that then you should go out and learn a programming language and write your own program...not ask one of us to write it for you
    I am going to have to disagree with you man. There are people who know their stuff in programming and do it professionally (rioter, AJ, Anti-Hero). In the program in question, I am sure there are encryption classes that can be used within your application to encrypt the string (or whatever) to be decrypted on a certain date. Hmmm, let's see...

http://www.eskimo.com/~weidai/cryptlib.html (hehe, kinda ironic here)
    http://www.chilkatsoft.com/ChilkatCrypt.asp (commercial)
    http://www.codeproject.com/managedcpp/ccrypto.asp

Are some examples. Since I am not sure what platform, language, or implimentation you wanna use, it is difficult to give you a definate answer as well am not an expert. What I can tell you it can and has been done

If you wanna pay somebody, I am sure there are those that will oblige for the right price.

Cheers