Want to code for GOOGLE??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want to code for GOOGLE??

Old Fart

Want to code for GOOGLE??

Google, one of the most aggressive staff recruiters in Silicon Valley, is putting on a programming contest worth up to $10,000 and a possible career at the search company.

Called Google Code Jam 2003, the contest is essentially a timed, Internet-based test of programming skills. After two rounds of competition, 25 people will be invited to Google's headquarters in Mountain View, Calif., to compete for a total of $25,000 in cash prizes. Google plans to evaluate the crop of engineers as job candidates, given that the work environment in the Googleplex is similar to the tournament: "intense competition, no pressure," according to the company's Web page.
    Sounds like a chance for some of you code jockeys out there to strut your stuff. Original article found here.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Im gonna win !!!
    That which does not kill me makes me stronger -- Friedrich Nietzche

And may the lord have mercy on your souls..........

Ask anyone in human remains (HR) and you will find that it costs around $5000 to locate,interview and select a decent SE...............this is taking the piss?...If I did not find it useful, I would delete google right now.

I do NOT believe in free meals............been around too long!

Just my 0.02 worth

I dont get it

Are you saying this is some kind of farse?

I think Nihil is saying that Google has employed an interesting strategy to screen applicants...basically making a game out of the hiring process.

Instead of spending the money to screen applicants, they give "prizes" to the successful candidates.

But what do I know..

the good for google , it brings publicity (not that they need it ) and its cheap way of getting fast top programmers. I don't really see how really good programmers would be tempted to enter the contest.

ah so basically google is saving money by spinning off this competetion...
    well whats to say I dont win the competition take the money and not accept the job.
    then they are just out of cash and SOL

Isn't this the same thing posted from yesterday at this thread here. http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=248643
    The newbies always get negged for stuff like this.

well wud just say point taken. Newbies usually dont know this place well...even then they get negged....

and i am not saying we shuld neg allenb1963...
    but we shuld not neg newbies...negging them in the starting itself causes a feeling of hatered...we shuld b somewhat polite to them...

for the first post what so ever it be like hacking g/f passwd...we shuld tell him the rules only and dont neg for the very fiorst post...

even then if he continues..then he deservse...to be negged...

just my thinking...
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

Oh I agree I didn't neg him for something like this. I was just reading and saw a familiar post. I was pointing out that other people here some senior members that neg the heck out of newbies and are mean when they tell them read first here is the thread to the same post. I don't neg guys for something like this newbie or not. Just something I see.