packetshaper

Thread: packetshaper

Arrow packetshaper

anbody know of a way that i can change a packettshapers touch password with comming into physical contact with it??
    chown -r us ./bases

Re: packetshaper

Originally posted here by mnchur
    anbody know of a way that i can change a packettshapers touch password with comming into physical contact with it??

Uh, do I detect the makings of some evil activity?

You may want to try explaing your question a little better...

no evil activities here.......i just want to find out if the hardwire password is as safe as they claim. I am trying to help the I.S. dept at my school secure the student network. I have check all the major sites and turned up nothing i was just wondering of maybe someone knew of a way that was not widely published.
    chown -r us ./bases

Hmm...do you mean hardwired, as in a dongle, or hard coded admin password, or is my little pea brain not at all grasping at your meaning? Can you maybe be a little more specific as to what you are trying to secure?

i am attemptin to find out if there are any exploits, holes, etc. to bypass the touch password on a packetshaper box . according to the site the touch password can only be changed by plugging into the box directly. i have checked all the major site bugtraq, packetstorm, astalavista, etc. and have come up with nothing. i am not asking for spoit code or anything like that i just want to know if anybody has heard of or knows any such sploits such sploits. the shaper version is 6.0.1
    chown -r us ./bases

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    For the largest part systems that require physical access to the device in order to carry out certain functions are secure in that sense. For example you can bypass a Ciso Router's passwords while leaving it's config intact if you know how and you are connected through the console port on the back/front of the router. If you are not connected through that console then the required keypresses cannot be transferred remotely since at that point the communication portion of the system is not loaded. Also, WatchGuard Firewalls require that you connect the trusted to the external port with a crossover cable in order to return it to factory default, (ie blow away the config and it's passwords). Thus you will most probably find that your system is similarly secure if it requires physical access to change the password.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides