Patch issued for critical Sendmail flaw

Thread: Patch issued for critical Sendmail flaw

Patch issued for critical Sendmail flaw

I work at my local ISP and we had massive troubles with our mail service so i decided to look up on the net to see if i could find a fix. I found this so i wanted to post it for others users who are having the same problem. The problem the my ISP was haveing was mostly sending mail. You would have to try to send about 15 time before it would do it successfully. If your having any problems with SENDMAIL that might be the problem.

A critical vulnerability has been found in Sendmail, the most widely used mail server software.

The vulnerability allows attackers to take control of servers using Sendmail, which is commonly used on Linux, Unix and BSD systems.

The discovery and subsequent disclosure of the security flaw comes one day after serious security problems in the OpenSSH secure shell server software were disclosed. Unlike that discovery, there has been little talk of the vulnerability being exploited prior to the issue of the new Sendmail release.

It's the third time this year that a serious vulnerability has been found in Sendmail software, and the second reported by Michal Zalewski, the researcher that posted the most recent bug. The earlier bug was found by Internet Security Systems in early March.

Other Send Mail Flaws

Upgrade To Version 18.12.10 (PATCHED)

Patch

Source
    AntiOnline Quick Forum Version 2b Click Here

Yet another reason to use Postfix. Sendmail is a big whore that's always had and probably will always have bugs. And should be turned off by default on ALL linux distros (which it isn't). Plus why is this in the MS forum?

Banned
    seabass55, _all_ COTS software is loaded with bugs, Postfix is no better. The issues with using lesser known applications is that bugs take longer to go from 0 to 1 day.

catch

No offense Spools but are you a new MSCE at that local ISP? Geez the real world is the pits huh? Where were you in 1990? Odd stuff is all LOL..the threads are all
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Yeah, we just ordeded one
    AntiOnline Quick Forum Version 2b Click Here

the warning was already posted yesterday :
    check this : http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=248656
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;