.pdf

Thread: .pdf

.pdf

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me?

I have to do a presentation at work and need some pictures that are on a PDF document.

For some reason I just cant copy them, does anyone know why this is and how to get round it please?

Any help would be hugely appretiated!!
    Thanks!
    Drugs have taught an entire generation of kids the metric system.

http://tazforum.**********.com/

pictures are usually embedded into PDF so unless you've got a copy of acrobat writer or some other type of PDF creator you're stuck - almost.... if the entire picture is visible on the screen why not just take a screen shot then crop out the bits you don't need save as a new file (jpg, bmp, tiff or whatever) and there you go...

PM me if you need any help

Z
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

Awsome idea!
    I dont know why I didnt think of that!
    Thank you!

The only problem is there is a hell of a lot of pic's that I need. I am compileing a Power Point presentation and useing a document that is in PDF. I heve opened the PDF on with Acrobat however it wont let me highlight the picture to save it will only highlight the whole document.

Even though it highlights it thought it wont let me cut and paste anything from it for some reason

Do you know if this is a security thing that can be applied to certain documents or is it a standard thing with all Pdf doc's?

Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!

If by saying
    I heve opened the PDF on with Acrobat however it wont let me highlight the picture to save it will only highlight the whole document
    you mean you opened it on the Reader then you may not be able to highlght just the picture, depends on how the PDF was created and if any of the security options were enabled.

having said that have you got Acrobat reader version 6? If you have there is an option on the tool bar to select images - it's usually shown as the select text tool but there is a pulldown next to it which will allow you to select an individual image and copy it to the clipboard- you may want to give that a go. Otherwise it's going to have to be a screen capture and crop job.

However to answer your question... yes there are security options in Acrobat Writer that can prevent anyone else from altering a specific document (unless of course you have the password and a copy of Acrobat Writer).

let us know how you get on

Z
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

Just upgraded to 6 and waddya know it works!! I can use any picture I like now!

Once again, Thank You Very much for your help, you have made my life a hell of a lot easier, I wish you could know how important this presentation is!
    With a bit of luck it might even get finished on time now!