Sharing the internet on red hat :confused:

Thread: Sharing the internet on red hat :confused:

Banned

Sharing the internet on red hat :confused:

All i need today if for a nice individual help on a little problem the i'm having on redhat 9.0 is only to know hot to share the network can anyone help..........

Taiwl.............thank you once again for atlease trying to help.....lol have a nice da

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Do you mean using RH 9 as a router? or did RH add a new "internet sharing" feature?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Banned
    sorry about that post i did not explain much............... i have a network at my home so what i'm doing is make the redhat linux 9.0 the router on the network and then share the internet .

making linux the router is not the problem, the problem is sharing the internet

i'm still reading the red hat linux 9.0 book but i haven't got to the sharing the internet part and i don't want to start to skip chapters.........

Ok.. I'm still confused a bit. Since the RH 9 box is the router and I assume that it is attached to a switch or a hub for other machines to get access through it, I don't quite understand where the issue is.

The other thing is what is your firewall doing? IIRC, RH by default now has a firewall (IPTables) running.

This might help you: http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...351#post395351
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head

Banned
    i have a dual boot one is xp and the other is linux, on the xp partition the network work excellent; i also want to get familiar with linux; my next task was to boot up on the linux partition and share the internet through linux ..........the issue is that i don't know where do i have to go to configure internet sharing on red hat so that's what i want to know .......i don't to much knowledge of linux i'm very new thanx for you help

Well, you can check in the Tutorials section here (I think someone did a networking tutorial) as well as check: http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Networking...iew-HOWTO.html