Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: School declares war on hackers

... More press could also mean more attacks, possibly attacks of defiance..
    Space For Rent.. =]

Ninja Code Monkey
    No doubt, may as well have slapped a big bullseye on their chests.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

In a way the masses of media attention and havoc master blaster and sobig caused has led to more people paying more attention and security.

It always takes something like this to cause people to sit up and take note and actually start doing something.

i2c

Media attention always does the type of thing it's meant not to.. Like, if they say "don't do this or don't do drugs" what do you get? More people doing it and ****.. It's sad. The media always influences people in the wrong direction of things, e.g hackers, real hacking, security, drugs, etc etc..
    Space For Rent.. =]

Blast From the Past
    This sounds like a good idea but its probably going to cause more damage, white hats ( if there is such a thing) are doing the right thing by taking out sk's and crackers but i think that it might cause a reaction that will cause yet more damage cause lets face it, some people are just plain duma$$e$ just my thoughts
    what do u all think will happen?
    gutentaug
    work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger