Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft to "buy" Google?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

Microsoft to "buy" Google?

All I can say is... Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

Microsoft, which is trying to drive growth by investing in everything from small business software to video games, has quietly set its sights on a new industry -- searching the Web.

Chairman Bill Gates, Chief Executive Steve Ballmer and a handful of other executives sat down in February to answer a question asked countless times before in the world's largest software maker's 28-year history. Should Microsoft build or buy?
    http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/interne...eut/index.html

Lazy! Build yer own if you want a search engine. It's not like Microsoft is poor or something. Geez. Oh wait. They might just "borrow" the code.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

If I remeber correctly they allready bought a search company last year. Don't worry about google though, its a privet company and from all accounts the owners hate MS(and like the money google is makeing them.) they may go public in the next few years (not likely) but the will not sell to MS (I doubt they will sell to any one.)
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

Banned
    May I also add my ewwww.

Proposing something like microshaft (haha, i didnt use a capital letter, im so evil) wanting to purchase Google makes one ponder just *how* many ways a search engine can 'crash', and how many of these m$ will discover.

Banned
    Plus you will probably only be able to search for MS products.

I hope google never sells it to microsoft I like google just the way it is . I just think that microsoft is jealous of how many people use google for their searches and not microsofts Search engine.

now what im wondering is would M$ try and redo it running win or just bye it? I could be wrong but isnt google python running on unix? again i could be wrong.
    The internet, not just for stalkers and pervs, but for computer geeks too!

I reacon that if the price is right.. they will sell!!

They proberbly see it as a "Cushy" investment, wouldnt be surprised if they end up charging to make a search with it.

We know and they know that it is the best S/Engine out there, so maybe people will pay to use it??? Who knows??

may be then google will open only in MS IE ....anyhow i seriously doubt if M$ will be able to buy, coz i have faith in google peep they wont sell theit baby to these sheap M$ crap billy boys....
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

you have to ask yourself , is microsoft all that bad??
    YES , they are a monopoly
    and
    YES, Bill wants to rule the world
    but c'mon ppl MICROSOFT IS A COMPANY LIKE ANY OTHER, IN THE "PAST" THEY USED "CUNING" SKILLS , some call it stealing , some call it business , but
    BILL MADE HIS COMPANY WORK!!

I admire Bill for making a succes in a world so hard to proceed with even the smallest of tasks,
    i wont hate him because he is rich or famaus and not even because his COMPANY IS A SUCCESS.
    Bill is a business man , if you knew a business man then you would prob hate him too( business pesonalitys).

I am not saying its OK for Bill to monopolize the world,
    BUT WOULDN'T YOU TOO, if you had the oppertunity??

cheers
    Beware, you who seek first and final principles, for you are
    trampling the garden of an angry God and he awaits you just beyond the last theorem.