Thread: Suggestions From An Old Friend

Banned

Suggestions From An Old Friend

1. The new logo is ugly. I'm sorry, but it is. This is what happens when you put straight people in charge of site design.

2. Having "security news" and "security products" at the top of every webpage is stupid, and redundant. Although, I guess someone has to fill the void created by the 1,000 square mile banner box at the top.....

2. The AntiPoints system algos. need serious updating. The thresholds have long outlived their usefulness.

3. Having "live moderators" as well as the AntiPoints system causes conflict that needs addressed.

4. The search function needs to be re-written to use mysql's built in functions. This would enable to you to eliminate the search indexing that takes place each time a new thread is created, and would SIGNIFICANTLY increase not only the speed of searches, but of new thread creation as well.

5. Dozens of templates aren't cached as they should be, cuz I didn't fully understand vbulletin's built in caching system when I was last working on it. This is causing thousands of unnecessary DB queries / hour I would suspect. Ooops, mah fault.

6. The back-end vbulletin code needs updated, because there are dozens of cross-site scripting vulnerabilities that have been discovered, that effect the site. In short, it would be very easy to start gathering the passwords of administrators and/or moderators.

7. In case no one noticed, the security news groups aren't updating from usenet anymore, and haven't been. Perhaps they should be fixed so they're actually updating, or else removed entirely if no one is able to get the updating feature working again.

8. The "Oops A Bug" forum is now filled with literally hundreds of bugs that have never been fixed. These bugs effect not only functionality, but security. If this forum is ignored for much longer, the site is going to end up getting hacked by someone, and the database is going to face wrath. AntiOnline is not the type of site that can be neglected for long periods of time before something bad happens......

I have been hoping that Jupiter Media has been ignoring the site because maybe it was doing something cool, like making a new version of it in the works behind the scenes, and were just using this until it was complete. Doesn't look like there's a secret new version in the works, though.

It's beginning to look more and more like they're simply trying to let the site "run itself as is". A recipe for disaster......

OH, ONE MORE THING:

Hey Everybody!!!!!!!!!

Banned
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=244681

Hey man, Whats up! lol no ****... I posted about this bug or whatever in the above URL months ago yet peaple still haven't noticed that only the middle part of the close to being banned list is being kept up to date. Shouldn't my ugly and mutated clone or someone else be at the top of that list by now? And indeed these bugs & **** clearly shows how much care and thought they are really putting into this ****ing site. *LMAO!

Hello?!? Jupiter get your head outta Uranus ya dumb & lazy sons of bitches!!

Banned
    Nice to see you posting and keeping an interest JP, we need someone to point these problems out and you might be just the guy.

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    JP,

Maybe they can consult you for a reasonable (high) fee !
    They don't seem to get it ...
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

It needs to be more colourful, it looks too boring. Animated logos would look cool!

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Well I'm sure glad I used my top of the line, "uncrackable before you die but I'll already be dead" , five character passwords to get into this joint......

Er...... JupMedia..... Might be a good idea to look into some of these suggestions..... _especially_ since they are now public!!!!! The old bottom line is going to look pretty silly when the front page includes "****z +0 - |31g L4m3r, L1++L3 L4m3r and JupM3d14".....

Just a thought........
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Well..... It's been 48 hours since my last post......

Is there anybody there....there.....there..... there..... there.....

Nope, just an echo.

JupMedia..... Are you looking to F this whole thing up??????

This _should_ be something you are addressing and, if for no other reason than your investment, you should be communicating with the users on it. If nothing else it would be polite of you to say "screw you users and the site, we're banging out, goodbye"......

Anyone from JupM want to comment?

Anyone from JupM ever visit this little haven to see what their site is doing?

Anyone?????
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

We're aware of it Tiger Shark, have been. None of this is news to us, and we're on top of the situation. I'm in these forums each and every day, 7 days a week, and I do make note of bugs and suggestions. If you don't see a reply, I'm always available via PM.

Intmon: Understood.......

But, in my years I have learned, often the hard way, that the "no news is good news" approach doesn't really work...... A simple "I got it" message, especially when security is concerned around security types, might make some of us feel a little better about the way things are being run....... After all, we are the "bread and butter" of the site and without that JupM will never be able to "eat cake" from it......

Just a piece of advice from a seasoned "non-communicator"......

I tkink that using p/m's defeats the purpose of having a discussion
    board in the first place. Site suggestions should be seen by all who are
    interested, not only those discussing it through p/m's. And simple common
    curtosy should be shown by JupM in answering these posts. If you are around
    the boards 7 days a week, surely wouldn't be too hard to type a short post
    in reply. Anyways just my opinion. cheers..TidaLphasE23.........