Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TCP/IP & Packet Sniffer?

Awsome! This will help alot!
    [gloworange]And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through the phone line like heroin through an addict\'s veins, an electronic pulse is sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is found. \"This is it... this is where I belong...\" I know everyone here... even if I\'ve never met them, never talked to them, may never hear from them again... I know you all...[/gloworange]

Originally posted here by seabass55
    Another great alternative is ettercap. Great for arp poisening and sniffing of switched networks. And you don't need X to run it. Runs in CLI
    Yes EtterCap is good....though u dont need X for it...but still u may need ncurses....
    as from the site :
    It doesn't require any lib such as libpcap, libnet or libnids, even ncurses is not necessary, but strongly recommended
    any how a quite easy to use and works very fine...

Check here about ettercap : http://ettercap.sourceforge.net/
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

tcpdump, is great

I found that it ate quiet a few of my resources when i ran it normal so it was logging in real time, the way i overcame this was to run it so that it outputted to a txt file,

simple dos tcpdump >> mytextfile.txt

this worked a treat, i think it might have been the size of the network i was on that casued this

i2c