question

Thread: question

Question question

Sorry if someone has asked this already but i was wondering what Cache files were?
    I AM FROM CANADA.....AND THEY THINK I AM SLOW EH!

Cache files are files that are stored either on your computer or in memory for quick access, when its cached you dont need to repetedly download the data.

Cache- RAM memory that is set aside as a specialized buffer storage that is continually updated; used to optimize data transfers between system elements with different characteristics http://www.dictionary.com
    [gloworange]And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through the phone line like heroin through an addict\'s veins, an electronic pulse is sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is found. \"This is it... this is where I belong...\" I know everyone here... even if I\'ve never met them, never talked to them, may never hear from them again... I know you all...[/gloworange]

Pronounced cash, a special high-speed storage mechanism. It can be either a reserved section of main memory or an independent high-speed storage device. Two types of caching are commonly used in personal computers: memory caching and disk caching
    Memory caching is effective because most programs access the same data or instructions over and over

N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Yea if you think about it, animals cache food, soliders cache ammo/ explosive and computers cache files,

Its just a file for later retrival just like the other 2 types of examples

i2c

funny thing - I know it's pronounced cash, but I always think 'cayshe' in my head... 10d10t me

Talking thanx

ok thanks for the help i had downloaded a spywear/pop up disabler and it asked me if i wanted to remove all cache files so i just wanted o know what it was be before i did anything
    I AM FROM CANADA.....AND THEY THINK I AM SLOW EH!