Thread: what did/do U learn in school(comp-studies)?

what did/do U learn in school(comp-studies)?

Hi
    I wa wondering what do u(ppl of the world) learn in school for computer studies.

1st an explantion of how(SOUTH AFRICA) our school system works, 'cause i dont know whether u'r conuntry works the same.

Here we have 2 standard subject(english and afrikaans) and get to choose4 other subjects between 6 other subjects(business economics, mathematics, accounting, technical drawing, science and hotel-restoration(or some ****)) some schools have +- 2 more subjects(economics and bible studies).
    We can choose wether we want to take a subject higher grade(HG) or stadard grade(SG).

I am gr.11 (st.9) doing home-schooling(REASON: UNDEFINED) and I have computer studies(HG).

In comp - studies , the SG-students learn MS-OFFICE(the monopoly ;( ) and
    the HG-students learn PASCAL.

I personnally have done PASCAL,C++,PERL,HTML,JAVASCRIPTING and was wondering
    what u learn in computer-studies, and how advanced is that??

I hated school (too MANY SILLY/STUPID rulez), what about u guyz??

cheers.
    Beware, you who seek first and final principles, for you are
    trampling the garden of an angry God and he awaits you just beyond the last theorem.

I'm in college, but I'm majoring in Computer Informations Systems. Basically for that degree You have to take 3 math classes 2-4 english classess, 2 history classess 4-5 science classes then about 20-30 computer classess the throw in anothr 5 classess for stuff that I left out accidentally. The computer classess consist of the *nix operating System. Telecommunications, C++, Java/programming. Network Operatings systems i.e novell, windows server. sun solaris. and a couple other classess like pc repair and what not.
    =