Thread: Problem with Speakers!

Angry Problem with Speakers!

Hey guys I got a problem with my speakers.
    No sound is coming out of them even though the power is on, they are correctly plugged into the comp and the volume is on.
    What happened was that they were working fine, but I had to reformat my HD, after that they are just not working.
    So what should I do to fix this problem?
    P.S: If I plug them into the headphone jack on the CD-ROM drive, they play but only CDs in the drive.
    Thx
    \"Great spirits always encounter strong opposition from mediocre minds.\"
    Albert Einstein

this should probably be in hardware vercetti.

So as I see it....you do get sound out of your speakers if you plug them into the CD headphone jack - thus the problem isn't your speakers. What about your soundcard - all drivers up to date? I take it you have checked the usual volume controls in windows as well as on the speakers themselves? What soundcard are you using? What kind of setup is it stereo, 4.1, 5.1??

a little more info would help

Z
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

Well the thing is I didn't download any drivers after I reformated the HD. I'll try to do that now. Thx
    \"Great spirits always encounter strong opposition from mediocre minds.\"
    Albert Einstein

Ofcourse, when you have formatted your hd you'll also have to reïnstall the driver for your soundcard. Don't you have a cd with drivers on it? Of course downloading them is also an option.
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com