Burning CDs at 32x???

Thread: Burning CDs at 32x???

???

how is it possible to burn a cd at 32x when on the cd-r it says 1-24x?i use nero 5.5 on windows xp pro, i have a sony 32x10x40x (CRX185E3) burner.it just doesn't seem to make sense.
    usually when a write speed that is higer than what is stated on the cd-r is selected it should change to a slower speed,but this time it didn't.

anyone encounter a situation like this before?

*by the way i hope this is the right forum.

I believe that when the disk says it can only be burned at 24x they mean that at that speed your more likely to have success at copying data. However if you go above that speed, its more likely that you will lose data during the burn process.

Since your using Nero to bunr your cd's, you can tell it to burn at a slower speed.
    =

Yeh, it depends on the media you're using. Some CD-R's are capable of reaching higher-than-advertised speeds, but all at the risk of losing data.

Doesn't nero have an option to validate burnt CD's?

If you want to make sure itll work good, get Nero and burn something at the highest speed but in the options set it to "verify files" this will check for read errors on the media, if you get them back down on the speed.
    http://forums.extremeoverclocking.co...c/39505-1.html

Good luck
    It\'s 106 miles to Chicago, we\'ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it\'s dark and we\'re wearing sunglasses.

Hit it!

Doesn't nero have an option to validate burnt CD's?
    Yes it does. It allows you to check the data on the cd.

A really nice feature. I use cd's that are 48x compatible but burn them at 52x, but I always have nero check the data.
    =

Also should be noted that there is no way for the CD burner to determine what the maximum advertised burn speed of the cd-r is. Just something you have to watch when you buy your media.