wingates

Thread: wingates

wingates

I was just wondering how secure is the method of using wingates to hide my identity to the host im trying to connect to, how many WG would be safe on using obviousely their is a speed implication when going thru like 20 wg and if so how easy would it be to trace back to find the original source of say the host trying to figure out who really was connecting.
    [glowpurple]www.openbsd.org - Unix for the practical paranoid[/glowpurple]

Well i can't answer this for all wingates. But the best thing to do is to chain wingates. And another question that you would have to ask yourself is , "is there logging enabled ?" cause believe it or not , on some wingates logging is disabled and you can sometimes be completely anonymous , so it depends which host you would be using. Also im assuming that you have no malicious intent...
    "Serenity is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it."

Naturally im just wondering how easy it would be for me to trace back an attacker who perhaps was using wingates , obv contacting lot's of wingate admins asking for them to check the log's is hassle so ill presume it's pretty safe way of an attacker keeping his identity from being known.
    [glowpurple]www.openbsd.org - Unix for the practical paranoid[/glowpurple]

Like I said , it would only be hard to trace the perpetrator back on how the security settings are on the wingate your going through. Is there logging ? , that's what you need to know... But yes lol if you go through lots and lots of wingates , chances are it will take some time to find you..
    "Serenity is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it."