Liberals oppose Christ!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liberals oppose Christ!

Liberals oppose Christ!

liberals in courts, government, media and Hollywood oppress Christianity and anything Christian…. So says David Limbaugh.

http://www.drudgereport.com/mattdl.htm

***Caution, The site this link points to will try to install spyware on your computer***

*A New Jersey teacher was forced by an ACLU suit to abandon plans to take children to see the Broadway version of “A Christmas Carol.”

*School officials in Windsor, Virginia prohibited two graduating seniors from singing “The Prayer,” a popular song sung by Celine Dion, among others. When the students raised their first amendment rights, the school announced there would be no singing of any sort at the graduation ceremony.

*In April 2001, the Logan County Public Library in Bowling Green, Kentucky, fired employee Kimberly Draper for wearing a necklace with a cross pendant to work

"This book chronicles discrimination against Christians in American society. While tolerance is touted as the highest virtue in our popular culture, Christians are often subjected to scorn and ridicule and denied their religious freedoms."

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

Is this gut nuts? maybe not.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

this is typical....you must understand that due to the broad scope of the ACLU that they can not simply pick and choose what they want to fight about....now this does not make any of this right by any means i would say that the ACLU has a point but is attempting to take it too far and to to be to "tolerant" what i dont understand is that they preach tolerance but they dont expect anybody to be tolerant...
    chown -r us ./bases

The cliche "...taste of your own medicine..." came to mind when I was listening to a local talk show yersterday. That book was the topic.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

at times, the aclu is the enemy of amost everyone. A radical self righteous organization that only operates on its own agenda of dedicated attacks to get in the news. They live in a bowl that needs to be flushed.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Hmm Tedob, I thought you had to believe something existed to be against it

/nebulus
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

i dont know nebulus200. some believe in the inequality of the races of man!

i consider myself to be an american first. if the christian belief is being discriminated against it must stop. however if its the christians that are trying to impose their religious beliefs on others then...off with their heads. just wanted to get other opinions on this.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I roughly agree. I believe the original intent of the constitution was to forbid the establishment of a state religion and to avoid citizens being forced to to practice one religion (as England did at the time). I believe we in the US have crossed over the thin line of preventing the establishment of a religion to the persecution/discrimination against a particular religion. I find it mind numbing that so much uproar can be raised over the ten commandments being placed in a courthouse (where IMHO it is in place as a basis of law, along with the magna carta, hammurabi's code, etc), while if the tenets of Islam were placed in the courthouse, you wouldn't even hear a whimper.

I guess I feel the last part of the clause in the admendment is being ignored '...or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;'. My comment was more of a slap against atheists, who seem to be one of the larger driving forces behind the movement...

/nebulus
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

Originally posted here by Tedob1
    i dont know nebulus200. some believe in the inequality of the races of man!

And the ACLU will protect their right to speach. In my area its the liberals that hate the ACLU insted of the conservatives, bucause they sued a number of towns that tried to stop klan ralies. Face it these guys dont' have some secrate agenda they just want every one to be treated fairly.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

This nation was set-up around an almost total Christian population. Now my question is are these things happening because our nation is out of step with the diversity of culture that we now have or is Christianity just being attacked. Do you think Christianity should have the predominate place in our culture because of the founding fathers beliefs or should it be purged from our institutions for not representing everyone. Ive heard many say “well that’s the way it is here…if you don’t like it don’t come here” and I cant say I subscribe to this opinion, but this is supposed to be a nation of and by the people and not having a valid opinion on this issue…never having really thought about it, id like to hear how others feel before I form one. The aclu was only mentioned in one of the incidents so I don’t believe this is about the aclu although I could be wrong.

Humm..i nthe past at times we have had a close tie between religion and the goverment (the 1950's comes to mind). During those times we have seen the goverment use religion as a tool to controll and subjagate us. they use god as a way to strip away all of our rights and freedom. I would much rather see a very strong seperation of church and state, the door swings both ways if you open it for religion to enter the goverment, the goverment will enter your religion.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?