Windows Annoyance

Thread: Windows Annoyance

Windows Annoyance

This might not go here but all the same:
    I updated from XP home to XP pro.
    After that there has been this glitch with file order. When I view a tree in explorer, everything is an alphabetical order, same in DOS. But when I go to open a file from a program (ex: open a picture in Photoshop) everyting is in reverse ABC order? Any ideas, because it is pissing me off.
    Oh and if you set arrange icons by name in explorer, it does nothing to the programs opening. And if you set arrange icons by name in the open file window, it will reset the next time you open something.
    You shall no longer take things at second or third hand,
    nor look through the eyes of the dead...You shall listen to all
    sides and filter them for your self.
    -Walt Whitman-

Banned
    Oh and if you set arrange icons by name in explorer, it does nothing to the programs opening. And if you set arrange icons by name in the open file window, it will reset the next time you open something.
    i have windows xp pro a long time now and it was always like that ....maybe thats the default setting for xp pro .... and reste button ...i didnt have any ..and i mean any problems with windows since i installed it ... any OS is good if you know how to use it ....give me freeBSD and i'll be like what the hell is this ..this sucks this sucks and this sucks...because im used to windows more then to any other OS i've been workin with ....

Re: Windows Annoyance

[i] After that there has been this glitch with file order. When I view a tree in explorer, everything is an alphabetical order, same in DOS. But when I go to open a file from a program (ex: open a picture in Photoshop) everyting is in reverse ABC order? Any ideas, because it is pissing me off.
    Oh and if you set arrange icons by name in explorer, it does nothing to the programs opening. And if you set arrange icons by name in the open file window, it will reset the next time you open something. [/B]

u tryed going into folder options and view tab then remember each folders view settings ticked?
    should be ticked by default but worth a look

xp is cool.i said xp was crap when i first got it but once u get used to it and know how to use it and how to set it up etc etc then you start to like it more,but guess everyone has they fav O/s tho and u can always turn the skins off if u hate them,set it to look like 98 etc,but no problems here with it never had to go back to 98se or win me
    The only way to make your PC go faster is to throw it out the window
    Reading computer manuals without the hardware is as frustrating as reading sex manuals without the software.
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing

Hey there, this sounds similar to what you are experiencing

http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;Q233526

Lemme know if that works for you

VicC thank you so much. I thought it was a bad reg entry but I coulnd't find any article on it. Thanks again!
    You shall no longer take things at second or third hand,
    nor look through the eyes of the dead...You shall listen to all
    sides and filter them for your self.
    -Walt Whitman-