Thread: java compiler

java compiler

Well, unfortunately through all my searching and such, I cannot find a good Java compiler. I need whichever one would allow me to go into a DOS prompt and type javac (program name) and then work from there. Unfortunately Windows didnt come with one, well, as far as I know. I searched my disks and such pretty deeply so I wouldnt seem like I was too lazy to search. Thank you in advance.
    Release a bomb filled with Ritalin and Pharmacy death. Keep the rich above in the hills where the impact will not reach them. Then go for the ironic statement and call it a cure for pollution.

well, why don't you just download java SDK from sun? it will require that you set the PATH environment and then you'll be able to do what you want... latest version is J2SE v 1.4.2_01 SDK

here is the link: http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html

and good luck with it

Banned
    Download the Personal JBuilder from Borland its free and comes with almost everything you need to program in java plus more! I know you want a command prompt one but if you are learning Java go with this.
    http://borland.com/products/download..._jbuilder.html

JBuilder comes with the java SDK Kit and the Java Runtime Environment

While spending my time at this site, God gave me a vision to download Netbeans 3.5.1 or whatever version i have. Anyways, this compiler is AWESOME!!! It looks beautiful, it is very easy to use and understand, and it will make Java actually kinda fun (Yes, i am a C++ programmer). Anyways get it at www.netbeans.org NOW! They support Mac OS X, Linux, Windows, etc...

If Mircosoft made a compiler that was HALF as good as this one is, they would sell it for at least 100 bucks...anyways, get it, it is very elegant, kinda like codewarror, just not as lame...
    Support your right to arm bears.

^^This was the first video game which i played on an old win3.1 box