Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bios Passwords

You still have to remove the battery on a few of them aswell, I find that most ASUS MO Bo's require you to do this, atleast the A7V xx ones.

I guess they are all diferent just depends what you have.

Re: Bios Passwords

Originally posted here by Tweekerjay
    I have placed a bios password on my PC at my house so that none of my roomies would have access to it. Then a while back my hard drive crashed and I had not the funds to replace it till now. Since the system has been down I have only been able to use my lap top or my work systems. I now want to use my PC at my house only I have since forgotten my bios password. Is there a way I can recover the password or some sort of software I can use to access my computer again?? any help would be much appreciated
    tweekerjay@aol.com
    Tweekerjay, you have not mentioned the tech.details of your motherboard[mb] there are a few default pwds which you could try before thinking of opening your sys cabinet. check out on your manufacturer's website etc. below i have listed certain pwds which you can try ALFAROME, aPAf, _award, AWARD_SW, AWARD?SW, AWARD SW, AWARD PW, AWKWARD, BIOSTAR, CONCAT, CONDO, Condo, d8on, djonet, HLT, J64, J256, J262, j332, j322, KDD, Lkwpeter, LKWPETER, PINT, pint, SER, SKY_FOX, SYXZ, syxz, shift + syxz, TTPTHA

mostly AWARD_SW does the trick however try out other pwds if it fails.
    -- dfd

I think the best thing is to remove the jumper, (which in most cases located near the BIOS chip).
    You need to remove the jumper, power on your machine, then shutdown, place the jumper back and start your machine.

The FACT that people ignore FACTS
    doesnt mean that FACTS are not FACTS

battery removal works or check in the motherboard for clear cmos jumper or there are certain motherboard just press the J & F keys when ur turning the machine on that too clear the cmos but not sure about the bios password it might for try it out man

I believe that if you reset the BIOS via a jumper it is not only the easiest way, but also the safest.