Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Excellent MS Security Resource

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar

Excellent MS Security Resource

OK, for those who have a bunch of MS junk in their shops, here is a *great* resource for you. Attached is a word doc which has many links to MS sites which detail lockdowns of MS products, webcast info, white paper links, countermeasure and tools links, etc..

I have handed this out to my legions of uneducated admins but I thought that many security folks here may get some use out of it too.

ENJOY!

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Wow... Impressive. Are you going to update this regularly?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Hmmmm, well I'm sure that I can if there is enough interest.

Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

I would be interested in you keeping it up to date!
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

OK then, consider this document Rev 1.0. I will name the updates using the standard convension for software releases.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Well, I was actually thinking of making this a sticky for this forum. . That way... you just update the attachment and any messages in your original post. And if need be, I can change the thread name each time as well. (You might need to remind me now and again)..
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Thumbs up

Awesome! Thank You!

MsMittens,

Sure. That will be fine.

Cool

thanks nice set of links I'm sure I will find them useful.
    [Shadow] have you ever noticed work is like a tree full of monkeys you look down and all you see is monkeys below you then you look up and all you see is a bunch of *******s above[/shadow]

I will add this update to the doc very soon:

http://www.pivx.com/larholm/unpatched/

This is a list of unpatched IE vulnerabilities. VERY handy...