Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kazaa again, but more details

Kazaa again, but more details

Just joined, but I see that Kazaa and the RIAA has gotten a lot of press around here. First of all, I didn't read through them all, a few of them, but I don't know if anyone covered Kazaa Lite, or KL, which can be freely downloaded from: http://www.kazaalite.tk
    The _only_ thing regular kazaa has over kl that I know of is kazaa can run on a *nix system using wine and no v. of kazaa lite does yet...but let me tell you about kazaa lite.
    [list=1]KL has a rather extensive list of IPs that you can choose to block. These IPs are known IPs of such organizations as the RIAA, and you can add your own to the list quite easily, it's a simple .txt file.
    KL doesn't have the adware/spyware. It's very *light* in comparison to regular kazaa, not sucking every resource just to run, and then not spitting ads at you ever minute. (even when it's not running!)
    KL allows port forwarding @ the click of a button! What does that mean? One way such companies as the RIAA searches for users is by the default port that Kazaa uses. Find that active port, monitor traffic, sue victim, quite easy ;o) With KL, you can choose another port to use as the default. In other words, until the ISP start reporting 'mass traffic' (which won't happen in the next couple years) you are basically free to download at will.[/list=1]
    I personally do move stuff in and out of my shared folder, for security reasons. I wouldn't want all my backup copies of my music in there for someone to leech off me, but I do keep legal freeware programs there, pictures, tutorials, ebooks, etc...there.

Lastly, did you see that Sharman (Kazaa) is suing the RIAA!?! loFl...that's the best. What for? Copyright infringement LOL They apparently used unauthorized versions of the Kazaa software to snoop and destroy. Don't recall all the details, and the irony is self serving but makes me grin ...Stick it to the man when you can

Star****ers|Inc

HA!, I don't mean to be rude, but Kazaa is 'riddled' with viri. Be careful friend, be careful.
    \"The wise programmer is told about Tao and follows it. The average programmer is told about Tao and searches for it. The foolish programmer is told about Tao and laughs at it.
    If it were not for laughter, there would be no Tao.\"

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar
    Star*****ers|Inc - Or the person with the antisocial name.

Are you condoning the sharing of copyright material?

I don't care how the RIAA is behaving. Breaking the law is breaking the law. The law is there for the benefit of the people & if you don't like the law campaign, stand for election & do something about it, otherwise STFU and stop breaking the law.

You can't simply say, I don't like this law so I'm going to ignore it.

Steve
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Originally posted here by redhawk14506
    HA!, I don't mean to be rude, but Kazaa is 'riddled' with viri. Be careful friend, be careful.
    I have never seen a virus in Kazaa. Now some of the stuff you dl using Kazaa has virii, and Kazaa did (not sure if it still does) have spyware and annoying advertisements.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

O.K. I will be the first to admit i have posted some dumb s##t, but with a nic
    like your's what else would you expect but utter crap. Seriously, i dont give a
    flying star f##k about kazaa or how to avoid the law just to download tunes.
    How about posting something relating to security or informative suggestions
    on how to increase computer knowledge moron.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    hahhaha.... obviously there are not a lot of fans of Nine Inch Nails on here, or they might have some ****ing clue what Star****ers, Inc. is before they just started talking **** about someones nick.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Hey Tidal,

Cut the guy some slack huh?...he is from France.............they cannot play cricket, but, yes, they do know how to lose at rugby?

Cheers,

Johnno

Gee souleman i dont give a rats ass who 9 inch nails are or what shite they sing.
    I should change my nic to "bullet in the head" by Rage Against The Machine, or
    "killing in the name of". What a load of crap. If you think its a good nic, i could give
    you a few you could use, hahhaaha.

Yes your'e right nihil and they don't produce the best wine, we do here in oz.

souleman, if you are
    bored........cause i am sick of annoying people and the site has gotten boring
    why are you still here helping??????? Anyways i think that you are a little bit
    angry, so i wont provoke you into phycosis.

Tidal,

Some good wine getting through from you guys.................can I have a saltwater crocodile egg for Christmas.............I will only feed the baby on politicians and other such carrion?

Cheers.................I will now attempt a full stomach assault on a bottle of Banrock Station Cabernet Savignon..............wish me luck.

Cheers,

Johnno

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    I don't see why Star****ers needed to be negged,

He's new , give em a break will ya,

The status of this thread "somewhat negative" shows its a n00b or junior negged him, probably one that just arrived him/herself. Get a life - this is a valid thread.

Greetz,

**edit** eeyy nihil don't forget they're world champuions soccer
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby