Thread: Do-not-call list stopped

Do-not-call list stopped

I just thought quite a few people might be interested in seeing this article:

http://www.msnbc.com/news/971221.asp

In short, telemarketers filed a case saying the Federal Trade Commision did not have the authority to set up the list. And that the poor poor telemarketers' business would be hurt by the FTC's actions. A federal court in Oklahoma agreed. The list was supposed to go into effect Oct. 1.

Well, if this stands, that will suck. If anyone wants cool ways to make a telemarketer's life hell, search the forums for "how to terrorize a telemarketer" great ideas....
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller

I guess I will just have to go back to the usual "He is not there" phrase on good days and on bad days I guess I will just hang up the phone. They usually don't call back after the latter.

Guidance...
    - The mind is too beautiful to waste...
    Cutty

I usually just say "Hold Please ", put the phone down and walk away for an hour or so. Only one was still there when I checked later, and after approx 30 seconds of listnening to him, I said (yep, you guessed it) "Hold Please " and walked away again. He wasn't there when I checked again. (Wonder how much that cost them in time fee's)
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

moxnix...good idea...i normally just say i dont have the time to listen to their pitch...but some qill call back later..or sometimes i just say he's not around. But when they call my mobile, i cant afford to ask them to hold cos its gonna kill my batt and cost a fortne for me also.

you can still register with the TPS (telephone prefrence service) in the uk on 0845 070 0707

v_Ln

(( evil telemarketer ))

it is time for the temple of karnak participants to be sent home from their circus. The lawmakers, by the constitution, are the legislatures of the land and not the courts. For far too long the judges have appropriated what is not their right, namely, to make law.

Congress will win this one.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

I think we should all call this Judge West and tell him what we really think about it!

I mean, don't harass the guy... that would be against the law.

Just call there and try to sell them something... anything!

The ball of lint in your pocket, your wall sized poster of Brittany Spears, your new litter of kittens. Whatever!

If they ask you not to call back... then you simply can't call back.

There are so many funny things you can do to them....one of the meaner ones would be to ask them to list all the stuff they're selling and to give detailed descriptions of everything, and then once they get going just leave....don't hang up, but leave. Kinda the same as moxnix's but it pisses em off worse.
    Telemarketer: Hello, is (whoever) there? You: Ummm...let me check...(start screaming really loud) MOM!!!!!!!!!!! DAD!!!! GET THE F**KING PHONE!! (keep yelling on and on until they hang up.)
    A friend of mine did that in the dorm once last semester...like 6 months ago but it was really funny. Obviously his parents were nowhere near...he just did it bc he thought it'd be funny and it was. http://funwithtelemarketers.com/
    While talking, drop ice cubes in the toilet and keep the conversation going as long as possible. Ask questions like as if you are really interested in the product, then flush the toilet and say I'm sorry but I'm not really interested, thanks anyways...
    heh, that is so sick, but I'll bet it'd piss em off . The one that I do that wasn't even on that site was to press random buttons the entire time so they stop every five seconds and they're like "are you still there sir?"...I swear it's funny, try it. Like, imagine trying to talk and hearing "beep" every couple of seconds, wouldn't that kinda throw you a little? Anyway, thanks for the heads up BobMcFee.