Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finding product Key

Ok am about to do a format of computer and reinstall - got everything i need backed up but I can't find product key for windows 98se anywhere >_<
    You don't really need the product key, except to track licenses. What you need is the CD key.

They are two separate numbers. The CD key is what determines your product key.

If you try and type in your product key when it prompts you for your CD key, it won't work.

The software that bucket suggested will give you both the product key and CD key.

Aida32 will also give it to you, along with all the rest of your system info, and registration keys.

Val, Right click on my computer and go to properties. and its fine if you re-use my serial you monkey.

[WebCarnage] you amaze me sir.........you actually managed to get the word l337 into a discussion on WIN 98se

I personally do not think that Windows 9x/Me have a "CD key" as such. I have just checked several of mine, and the product key is on the booklet not the CD case. I have never kept the booklets and CDs together, and have never had any problems as a result. I suspect that as long as you give it a valid product key, it will work?

Cheers

I personally do not think that Windows 9x/Me have a "CD key" as such. I have just checked several of mine, and the product key is on the booklet not the CD case. I have never kept the booklets and CDs together, and have never had any problems as a result. I suspect that as long as you give it a valid product key, it will work?
    Hmm... maybe that is the case with win98? I don't remember anymore. Its been a long time since I've installed one.

If that is the case... please ignore my post above. ;-)

Val: Note : I left the install cabs in c:\windows\win98cd
    Others Note : I still have some p75 p100 p166 pcs available but only with 1gig HDD

Make Excellent routers or servers. (Coffee matts, Door stops.)

they make excellent firewalls too.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.