Kazaa sues RIAA for copyright infringement

Thread: Kazaa sues RIAA for copyright infringement

Banned

Kazaa sues RIAA for copyright infringement

Sharman Networks is suing the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) for distributing replicas of its P2P file sharing software.
    This **** gets funnier every day

Hahaha... The RIAA are getting a taste of their own medicine. I hope they stop harassing people after this. Maybe they will increase the harassment. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Guidance...
    - The mind is too beautiful to waste...
    Cutty

I hope they win the suit, and take the RIAA for millions. Thats like a prolife person murdering an OB/GYN to express the sanctity of life. Damn, a copyright protection group violating copyright laws......LOL
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

a copyright protection group violating copyright laws.
    That's freakin funny! /me wonderz how long this whole thing will last....not just Kazaa sueing RIAA, but the whole thing....how long could this go on?

Banned
    well if the artists and movie industry keeps giving money to RIAA this could go on for ages :|

I really really do hope they win and take them for absolutly millions!!!

Doubt it will happen tho!
    Drugs have taught an entire generation of kids the metric system.

http://tazforum.**********.com/

Why wouldn't they win? If they can prove that the RIAA used Kazaa lite, then the RIAA deserves a suit, it even says when you install KazaaLite that it's illegal.

Banned
    Not only are they being accused of using Kazaa Lite, but weren't they modifying it provide user data to the RIAA and delete files from individual machines?

Doesn't that cross the lines to the "trojan" side of the equation? Shouldn't the FBI now get involved, or are they just interested in script kiddies they can intimidate.

Inquiring minds want to know.

i doubt the FBI will get involved. It's basically a "Corporate war" type thing. "You sued our users, so we are going to counter-sue you."

Banned
    I hope the RIAA goes down in flames, that was a dirty trick, but theyll get away with it because they were "fighting" piracy. lol