hi,
my windows xp pro box has started to give me those irq_not_lessor_equal errors a lot lately, i recently put rounded cables in and they didnt agree with my ATA 133 controller card, so i removed one and the problem went away, but now its back, but not as often as it was, the logs dont show any errors like they previously did (delayed write failed, paging operation errors etc)

the box in question is an AMD 2100, 512 meg RAM, 4 hard drives (2 80 gigs a 20 and a 40 gig) and a GF4 ti4200 grafix card

ive run memtest86, checked the cables, the CPU doesnt run hot at all, im not really sure what the error means as ive searched around and cant find a simple explanation for it, the rounded cable that goes to the onboard controller is ok tho, the connector on the ATA card worked fine with a different cable on it too which is kinda weird, is there any free software that i can get that might help me diagnnose the problem, since nothing shows up in the system logs for it

the errors i was getting when i was using the other cable were a paging error on /device/HArdDisk0/D and a delayed write failed to drive E, drive D and E were the ones on the rounded cable going to the controller card, so im not really sure what is going on...