Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: irq_not_less_or_equal eoors randomly occuring

Angry addional stuff

have a question about the same sort of error....

mine is the IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal

and technical information is:
    (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x804DC6CC)

I don't know how to interpret this message.

Can anyone help me out? This problem occurs every time I have turned on the computer since I updated Windows with the Service Pack 2.

Service Pack 2 didn't create the problem, but it made it worse. I can't get into Windows normally anymore because of the stupid blue screen error.

I had had this problem before....it has shown the blue screen a couple times, but when it did, it always allowed me to start Windows after a few times...and often when I turn the computer on, the computer restarts itself several times...then finally stays on until I shut it down and restart it the next time. When it does start up, I also almost always get a message that "Windows has recovered from a serious error"..that message usually came up multiple times....sometimes as many as 30 after I started the computer and it didn't shut donw...then those messages would stop, and the computer would be fine. At least before the Service Pack 2 was installed it could at least get into Windows...soemtimes I would have to go into Safe Mode, then turn it off, restart it in normal mode...and it would work. Now that won't even work

My computer is being mean

BANNED
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...d_stp_hwpg.asp
    Resolving the Problem

The following suggestions are specific to Stop 0xA errors. For additional troubleshooting suggestions that apply to all Stop errors, see "Stop Message Checklist" later in this appendix.

* A Stop 0xA message might occur after installing a faulty device driver, system service, or firmware. If a Stop message lists a driver by name, disable, remove, or roll back the driver to correct the problem. If disabling or removing drivers resolves the issues, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, and CD mastering tools.
    * A Stop 0xA message might also be due to failing or defective hardware. If a Stop message points to a category of devices (video or disk adapters, for example), try removing or replacing the hardware to determine if it is causing the problem.
    * If you encounter a Stop 0xA message while upgrading to Windows XP Professional, the problem might be due to an incompatible driver, system service, virus scanner, or backup. To avoid problems while upgrading, simplify your hardware configuration and remove all third-party device drivers and system services (including virus scanners) prior to running setup. After you have successfully installed Windows XP Professional, contact the hardware manufacturer to obtain compatible updates. For more information about simplifying your system for troubleshooting purposes, see " Troubleshooting Concepts and Strategies" and "Troubleshooting Startup" in this book.

For more information about Stop 0xA messages, see the Microsoft Knowledge Base link on the Web Resources page at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/reskits/webresources. Search using keywords winnt, 0x0000000A, and 0xA.
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

From the MS-Windbg help on irql_not_less_or_equal
    Check the System Log in Event Viewer for error messages that might identify the device or driver that caused the error.
    Try disabling memory caching of the BIOS.
    Run the hardware diagnostics supplied by the system manufacturer, especially the memory scanner. For details on these procedures, see the owner's manual for your computer.
    You can use verifier (run command) to verify driver integrity, BE CAREFULL with this because it can be a double-edged blade. Its meant for hardware developers to test their drivers.
    If you can idenitfy the problem in 'event viewer' it might be worth a shot.
    http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtoo.../verifier.mspx

If your not too confident about debugging the fault the allready mentioned 'replace the ram' does magic on more then one occasion.

AO French Antique News Whore
    Come on guy! The thread is dead since allmost a year!
    -Simon \"SDK\"

BANNED
    He still needed help though.

AO French Antique News Whore
    Last time mrleachy was on AO was 4 months ago!!!
    -Simon \"SDK\"

BANNED
    He wasn't trying to aid in Mr.Leachy's problem. He had a problem and he thought it was along the same line's. So instead of starting a new thread he asked his question in here. He probably should have made a new thread for it but he didn't and I don't really see much of a problem with that.