Reboot after Stand-By

Thread: Reboot after Stand-By

Reboot after Stand-By

Hey all,

Ive been recently having problems with my system (running on XP Home) randomly rebooting. This will occur right after I 'awaken' my computer from Stand-By mode. Its been a growing problem, since I have stringent power settings.

Im going to try to do some more research, but before I do, any of you have any similar experiences? Ideas?

Thanks, any help is appreciated
    It\'s 106 miles to Chicago, we\'ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it\'s dark and we\'re wearing sunglasses.

Hit it!

Maybe Turn off the auto Reboot then it will give u a BSOD and then error codes,
    maybe give u some idea whats doing it,

Right click my computer > properties > advanced > startup and recovery settings , untick auto reboot
    The only way to make your PC go faster is to throw it out the window
    Reading computer manuals without the hardware is as frustrating as reading sex manuals without the software.
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing

maybe the rebooting after standby is just a coincidence, i think you should check also that you're not infected with the virus that reboots the computer. check also that you have latest security patches (i think there are 2 of them except SP1) from microsoft or you could use the dcombullator from www.grc.com

it's worth a try

good luck!

Possible BIOS bug. A flash update might help.

The other thing to check is that your motherboard supports the 'wake up' options you have enabled - depends on how you are trying to do this.

If the motherboard doesn' t support this, then it will get very confused, and will reboot instead. If your BIOS is out of date, then a reflash may solve this.

Hi!
    I have been sufring from the some what similar problem.My system started andomly
    rebooting after a click the"Turn off" Button.The problem started to apper after I have installed
    Linux 7.2 and have win 98 in primary partition.And also my MONITOr doen not turn off.It displays "windows shuting down "screen both in Win xp and 98. I have an ATX cabinate.

Please advise.

Originally posted here by DM
    Hi!
    I have been sufring from the some what similar problem.My system started andomly
    rebooting after a click the"Turn off" Button.The problem started to apper after I have installed
    Linux 7.2 and have win 98 in primary partition.And also my MONITOr doen not turn off
    That sounds ominously similar to my situation. I've recently installed RH9 on my system, with XP as Primary. Any other ideas are greatly appreciated.
    It\'s 106 miles to Chicago, we\'ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it\'s dark and we\'re wearing sunglasses.

Hit it!