Thread: ? about links

Unhappy ? about links

hope this is a good place for this
    I’m wondering about a problem I have trying to get to the top links list. I have a setting on one of my internet security programs (trying like hell to figure out witch one is stopping my access) that blocks a certain type of malicious redirect from happening by closing the window that it starts on (this can be very annoying). My problem is when I click the links list it closes the browser just like it would for a malicious cookie/redirect.
    Any ideas why that link is the only one that does this on the whole AO site.
    [Shadow] have you ever noticed work is like a tree full of monkeys you look down and all you see is monkeys below you then you look up and all you see is a bunch of *******s above[/shadow]

First thing: You didnt say what browser do u use!

From what I understood is a sort of pop-up blocker, so you might have one installed like panicware popup stopper www.panicware.com. Or the browser you use has one (for example newer versions of Netscape - look in you browser settings for such a thing.

A quick try for you: hold CTRL or SHIFT (try them both ) while clicking the link and wait some till the window pops up. I think for Netscape it works like this.

Another thing that may be: you maybe installed the new google toolbar that has a pop-up blocker.

Try this and give some more input on what happened.

Godd luck!

Banned
    *Moved from Oops! A bug! since this is not an AO-bug*