We'll pay heavily for Net access tax ban

Thread: We'll pay heavily for Net access tax ban

We'll pay heavily for Net access tax ban

I think this great that there won't be any taxes on Internet access. the state gets more than enough money out of peoples pay checks every week and they want more

State tax officials said Wednesday that a bill passed in the U.S. House of Representatives last week to permanently ban taxes on Internet access could cost them up to $9 billion a year by 2006, in lost revenue

To read more http://news.com.com/2100-1028_3-5082095.html

Its not taht they want more, they want t ohold onto what they have. Curently all phone calls are taxed by most states, but VoIP bypasses the longdistance taxes. The argument agenst the ban is that a VoIP tax should be allowed to replace the tax income lost from reduced phone usage.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

That is true but I am sure some people don't even use it or own a computer to take advantage of VOip. so they can't be losing all that much but then again they could be stating that the loss of revenue is much higher than it actually is. and I think they are just whining about it because it means that they can't get pay raises or bonuses and buy new toys to brag about.

Old Fart
    Hmmmm....looking at my telephone bill it seems to me that I AM paying tax on my access....
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

I hope that they give you a refund or a credit on your next bill

Flash M0nkey
    I pay £4.90 every month in tax for internet access
    phone bills here all have VAT (value added tax) included on them - every product does (more or less)
    plus I lose a good chunk of my wages to PAYE (pay as you earn) tax, which leaves my wages before I ever see them plus even more is taken off to pay for NI (National Insurance) NI is suppoused to pay for the likes of hospital treatments etc but if i get a perscription because am over 18 and not at school I still pay for it as well >_<
    and then you have council tax - which i never had to pay living in N.Ireland but because have moved to another area of UK now i do

seems most of my wages goes on tax and what doesn't ends up on water bills, gas, electricity, phone, rent - barely leaves a man enough to get drunk

v_Ln