Thread: XP update question

Arrow XP update question

hiho

i updated XP the other day and i had an alert on my firewall (ZA), i blocked it by mistake but checked out the extra info ZA was willing to give me. it mentioned something about windows installed does this somtimes bla bla.

a few secs later i got a login pop up on my screen askingfor a user and pass to connect to marlin.softtech.net or marlin.softech.net

i presume it was soemthing to do with me blocking the access, but what is marlin.softech.net ?

If you dont know what it is dont sign into it. Get Ad-Aware from http://www.lavasoftusa.com/ and scan your computer. I doubt zone alarm has any relevence to it.
    [gloworange]And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through the phone line like heroin through an addict\'s veins, an electronic pulse is sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is found. \"This is it... this is where I belong...\" I know everyone here... even if I\'ve never met them, never talked to them, may never hear from them again... I know you all...[/gloworange]

also get spybot too http://security.kolla.de/
    make sure your doing the xp updates from they website and not by email since lots of people have been getting infected with that virus which goes around in an email saying its an microsoft patch
    The only way to make your PC go faster is to throw it out the window
    Reading computer manuals without the hardware is as frustrating as reading sex manuals without the software.
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing

ty for tips.
    i run spybot search and destroy every couple of days