weird email-need help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weird email-need help

Question weird email-need help

Hey all,

I am getting this weird email in my yahoo account. The following is the subject and content

From: "Internet Email Storage Service" <emailservice@microsoft.com>
    To: "Network User" <recipient@mxserver.net>
    Subject: Error Announcement

This is the qmail program

I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses:

Undeliverable mail to hdhnwuu@microsoft.com

Message follows:

..............but theres no message after this.............the size of the mail is around 140kb.........no attachments also.

Is this some kind of spam or virus(becaus of the size - 140kb) or someone is sending mail using my id ( i am not sure about this since my address is not in the header)
    Does anyone have any idea/thoughts about this.....

It's an automated message

It usually includes either a copy of the message you sent, a warning that it will try again for XX hours or it will just warn of the error.

Assuming you didn't send the e-mail and no-ones used you account then it could be a spammer using your address as the reply-to so that the spammer doesn't get any e-mails sent back to him.

Just ignore the message.

It\'s 106 miles to Chicago, we\'ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it\'s dark and we\'re wearing sunglasses.

Hit it!

Can't be a virus showtime if theres no attachement.
    =

but how come its showing a size of 140kb, but nothing in it

It looks like someone has sent a bouncing email.

it's an email that will send to you, and as soon as you open it, it will bounce back to the sender and tell him details about you.

Its a common little trick to gain information, about someone.

For instance if i was planning on hacking into a website so i could deface it like a scriptkiddie.

I would send this type of email to the email addresse located on the page.

Once the unsuspecting person opens the email, it bounces back sending there ISP, Password etc

I think that's right not sure.
    I just remember reading about it somewere.
    So if i am wrong please correct me.

Anyhow cheers

Originally posted here by cheyenne1212
    Can't be a virus showtime if theres no attachement.

It can't? Maybe its being blocked at the server side? I've been hit by a lot of e-mails similar to the one he described, and they all appear to have forged e-mail headers, from xxx@microsoft.com.
    It\'s 106 miles to Chicago, we\'ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it\'s dark and we\'re wearing sunglasses.

Hit it!

Your right,

I wasnt' thinking. The servers probably catching it, and not letting it through.
    =

hehehe computers emailing computers come on hevy dutty is some times smaller in the eyes of the bigger its more likly a file that hase been passed from on person and changed if its an onld email and your getting it over and over agein maybe some one made you a memmber of smaping weekly lmao or you could jut typalpo o q delta cross and reply that to the person robot or not might as well crash it right a file that big has to have some thing you in it lmao i think you should try and maybe unlayor that email bye useing enix have fun hehe

hmm but then agein im kinda drunk i think you just have a normal email poset f as a sticky note
    the one you are is not who you will allways be :| death is but one blood drop from your door

Originally posted here by introgrammer
    hehehe computers emailing computers come on hevy dutty is some times smaller in the eyes of the bigger its more likly a file that hase been passed from on person and changed if its an onld email and your getting it over and over agein maybe some one made you a memmber of smaping weekly lmao or you could jut typalpo o q delta cross and reply that to the person robot or not might as well crash it right a file that big has to have some thing you in it lmao i think you should try and maybe unlayor that email bye useing enix have fun hehe

hmm but then agein im kinda drunk i think you just have a normal email poset f as a sticky note
    Thats got to be the funniest crap I've heard all week. What an entrance!

Hit it!