Extra Bandwidth<>Tasty!

Thread: Extra Bandwidth<>Tasty!

Thumbs up Extra Bandwidth<>Tasty!

I recently got a letter from my ISP informing me that I would be receiving an extra mb of bandwidth for being a "good" customer and for the problems we incurred while they were upgrading their network. So now I have roughly a 2mb connection!

Anyone else ever hear of something like this? I get to keep the bandwidth until March 2004 at no extra cost. Pretty cool huh?

Download download. like Windows Server 2003 evaulation. with a 2mb connection you'll have it in hour and a half.

Thats the advice I have for you.

I wish my ISP would tell me that. All I get is a lousy 512k. not even a meg.
    Oh well, one day I'll be rich and have a DS3 run into my home
    =

Hell yeah, sure makes the mohaa lag go away too! ! !

lol

I'll bet it does. You can host a good number of palyers on 2mb, of course that is as long as they have broadband to.
    =

Banned
    My ex-dsl provider upgraded all of their lines from 1mbps to 3mbps from one day to another, free of charge... very cool, indeed...

Oh, and I also wanted to point out that the extra mb you got is not a megaBYTE, but "only" a megaBIT... a 2mbps (megabit) connection is a 0.250 mBps (megabyte) connection, or 250 kBps... meaning that it takes 4 seconds to download one megabyte, or 1.3Gig in an hour and a half.

good point neg.

A lot of people become confused on those terms. It would be nice if 1mb actually meant 1 MB on the dowload, but unless you have something better than a T1 it (ain't gonna happen.)---Texas Talk
    =

3mbps
    That's an offer you can't refuse.

Oh, and I also wanted to point out that the extra mb you got is not a megaBYTE, but "only" a megaBIT... a 2mbps (megabit) connection is a 0.250 mBps (megabyte) connection, or 250 kBps... meaning that it takes 4 seconds to download one megabyte, or 1.3Gig in an hour and a half.
    Duly noted.