Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kazaa again, but more details

"Tell me what is the difference between stealing a cd from a store and stealing it off the net?"

For one it is not not theft , its copyright infringement a completely different thing.And argueably legal in many places
    And yes in canada when we by blank cds/dvds we pay a nice tax that goes to artists to compensate them for people copying their work. So it is very hard if not imposible to be sued here (not charged with a criminal offence cause it is NOT). I can even go to the library and borrow a cd and rip it completely legallly.
    If you are going to spout self righteous moral holier than you garbage at least have a valid or interesting point , bunch of ignorant *****in whiners. On second thought just stfu and stop wasting my electrons.
    Ps anyone on *nix should check out mldonkey it kicks ass , you can use on the edonkey,slsk,fasttrack,dc,gnuttela,bittorrent,overnet networks.... They are working on making it so you can down load a song/movie from sources on different networks also. Its pretty damn good.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

That was a much better way of expressing my point!! Thank You!

Why all the bitching about a guy sharing some information about certain features of kaaza.

Ok, I would be the first one to agree that the RIAA believes that sharing music is cutting down the sales of CD's worldwide. That may be true. But isn't it my right to share what rightfully belongs to me?

Everyday people donate money to organizations to help needful people are these organizations stealing or are they just asking for help for needed people? College students share music at least that's the majority. Do you think that college students have the money to buy every album that comes out when tuition fees are so high? No they can't. So why can't a student share his one CD he bought with his own money with his friends and his friends share their CD's with him? Are you trying to say that's stealing? Well then you might as well say that every time a friend share a snack with you then you are stealing, because you are cutting down the sale of snacks. You should buy your own snack. That's bullshit IMHO.

Sharing is in no way stealing and can't be compared. And mark my word sharing will never be stopped. Plus the RIAA is double standard. You know that if you are downloading music you are not subject to be sued? Well only if you are sharing over a certain number of files you are targeted. The RIAA are targeting college students and that sucks, since it's college students who share files.

Well am almost totally of subject. I personally don't like kaaza but I don't see any reason to hate on people who do. The guy was simply sharing some info he thought was info some people might want to know about and then some of us get on like that is a crime. True the content is not really what's expected on this site but it's not all that off. It's a security feature in kaaza that will secure an individual from being listed by the two-face law breaking RIAA. I think that's also public knowledge and maybe widely known so why shouldn't we know about it to.

Another mans' garbage is another mans' treasure. Don't hate, congratulate.

Just my $0.02

Guidance...
    - The mind is too beautiful to waste...
    Cutty

Ben is typical of many students living on a university campus in regional Austalia. Between lectures on teaching, and indulging at the bar, he logs his pc onto the uni network, opens his 10gb mp3 archive to fellow students, and looks around for what else is on offer. "Ben" (not his real name) is no campus kingpin. He's like millions of students around the world who are oblivious to the fact that investigators want to put people like him in jail for music piracy. At the very least, they want to slap fines on him that make a HECS bill look likepocket money..........
    Well if you couldn't afford your school fees, you wouldn't attend would you. It's a user pays system that is there for good reason, like the piracy laws that you all agree to break, it provides security for the protection of the revenue that the artists and copyright owners are entitled.

Well stoning women to death is also legal in some countries, does that make it right?

To ARIA (Australian Recording Industry Association), evolving technology such as p2p- and associated financial beneficiaries such as ISP's and content hosts- are an example of how the copyright infringement process is morphing to avoid law enforcement, rather than adapting to legitimate business models. "Post-Napster", p2p clients sprung up with technical and operational stategies capitalising on Napster's strength of community sharing but minimising their weaknesses, such as having a central server. What evolved was the physical and technical infrastructure of a p2p company that beats various legal propositions of copyright owners by being geographically dispersed. " Now p2p companies are consistently striving to avoid being tied to one jurisdiction, so they can quickly set up in a new territory if they are pursued. They have decentralised nodes and bogus shelf companies outside jurisdictions where copyright law treaties exist. "It's companies making money from someone else's work, and that's wrong."

BIOS Bomber
    Originally posted here by TidaLphasE23

Well if you couldn't afford your school fees, you wouldn't attend would you. It's a user pays system that is there for good reason, like the piracy laws that you all agree to break, it provides security for the protection of the revenue that the artists and copyright owners are entitled.

Well stoning women to death is also legal in some countries, does that make it right?

Wow, you are an odd one. First, you can go to school on funds from the government. Also, Most musicians dont make hardly any money on the CDs they sell. Most of it comes from touring. Any artist would tel you that. They only get maybe 50 cents for the CDs they sell.
    "When in doubt, use Brute Force."

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Stoning a woman in certain countries for a crime is legal and right to them. Thats bcos its in their culture. What is right and wrong in each country depends on the culture, religion and alot of other factors. If u were in a muslim country and a woman and did not cover up, you would be wrong to them legally and morally. There are other examples i can quote. But i am just trying to illustrate a point and that is dont always assume that your opinion of right and wrong is the same for the whole world.

The initial post is something that is valid, as its a discussion of Kazaa, various versions available and features. He did not specifically say that we should go out and share files. most of the stuff that he shares are legally allowed to. Its his problem if he decides to do anyhitng illegal. Kazaa has its uses and although some are against the law in certain countries. that doesnt mean the program is illegal.

This site is for the spread of information so that all may learn and most of that is security related. understanding the workings of a program and how it blocks ip addr and other stuff help us to learn more about the programs and features.

We should give noobs a break and let them post and try to guide them along the correct path.

Gee 50 cents per cd. Work hard at making music, produce a good album/ single, advertise
    it and get it out there, sell 2 million copies in the first year, that's only 1 million squids, yeah i see your point (not) It comes down to quality that is on the cd, the better it is the more interest in it, the more sales, wait the more pirate copies are made and the less the artist will make. Blow it out your ass, they don't make money from cd sales.

BIOS Bomber
    Damn, your one of those people that make me wish I didnt have to spread around APs to neg your stupid ass again. There is more to life than money, you sad bastard.
    "When in doubt, use Brute Force."

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

LOL, this has become one seriously demented thread...

Catch up on some of the action:
    SEE you are just another pick and choose moron
    Another mans' garbage is another mans' treasure. Don't hate, congratulate.
    Wow, you are an odd one.
    Blow it out your ass
    you sad bastard.
    And my personal favorite...
    On second thought just stfu and stop wasting my electrons.
    Everyone needs to simmer down!

No doubt, the situation of file-sharing is a hot-topic, and will continue to be. TidaLpHase32 has made some interesting points, but I agree with mandraketux. Most revenue artists' make are not from their CD sales....why do you think the RIAA is suing, and not the individual artists? Its because the RECORDING LABELS want their money!

Whatever, call me a crook: I use KaZaA Lite and still use it proudly.
    It\'s 106 miles to Chicago, we\'ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it\'s dark and we\'re wearing sunglasses.

Hit it!

No i'm not sad, i'm pretty happy actually,keep those neggs comin. Green dots don't indicate the members intelligance, like some here think. I would rather have more knowledge than pox ass green dots. There is more to life than money, tell that to the bank when the mortage is due, or when you have to pay for you gas, or utilities as you call them. Say that to the struggeling artists that have to pay all the fees to produce an album.
    Totally agree with your statement regarding ap's though. I tried to negg your dumb ass again but couldn't, drats double drats.

Good post showtime, lol