Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: windows XP problem

I'm sorry, the only norton problem that i've heard of that a problem with their 2001 version and XP. I just figured that that was his problem. Sorry slick8790 , its just one of those days.

To uninstall it i would recommend uninstalling it in Safe Mode. That might iliminate the error-message. Also remember to remove all of the Symantec products in Add/Remove. I pretty sure that there are about 3 or 4 of them.
    AntiOnline Quick Forum Version 2b Click Here

This was an upgrade, and yes NAV did work before
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller

Ok are/have you looking at the instructions that are included in the link I gave you before..?

Also, are you able to run task manager, ala ctl-alt-del, in normal mode? if not consider a "yaha" type virus.. DON'T ASSUME YOU HAVE A VIRUS .. not just yet.. I mention this so you will start to think about what actions were taken leading up to the problem with NAV..
    Were you able to do the Definition update b4 the failure?
    What programs did you install?
    What programs did you run?
    What System settings did you change?, ie What services did you turn OFF or ON
    Did you open any emails?..especially b4 running the NAV liveupdate..

And as for you Spools.exe.. stay with us mate.. that is a simple and common error..live and learn..

I gotta go to work..

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

This Is From Another Forum(http://www.computing.net/security/ww...orum/6294.html)

Yes,I went through the same chaos and had to wait a few days before I recieved a reply from Symantec.
    This should do it;
    http://service1.symantec.com/support...01092114452606 (this is the special utility for uninstalling NAV),
    ALSO;
    Step 3: Uninstall LiveUpdate and LiveReg:
    After uninstalling all the Symantec programs, the shared programs are not uninstalled. You have to uninstall them and then please delete all the Symantec folders. In order to do so, please refer to the steps listed below:

a. Uninstall Symantec Subscription Service (LiveReg) and LiveUpdate.

To uninstall LiveReg and LiveUpdate, please follow the steps listed below:

1. Close all programs.
    2. Click Start and then click Control Panel. Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
    3. Click on "LiveReg (Symantec Corporation)" and "LiveUpdate (Symantec Corporation)".
    4. Click Add/Remove, Change/Remove, Remove or Change (this varies with the operating system). Follow the prompts.
    5. Restart the computer.

b. Delete all Symantec files and folders:

To delete all the Symantec folders, please follow the steps listed below:

1. Start Windows Explorer.
    2. Navigate to and select the C:\Program Files\Symantec folder. Press Delete, and then click Yes to confirm.
    3. Navigate to and select the C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus folder.
    4. Press Delete, and then click Yes to confirm.
    5. Navigate to and select the C:\Program Files\Norton Personal Firewall.
    6. Press Delete, and then click Yes to confirm.
    7. Navigate to and select the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared folder.
    8. Press Delete, and then click Yes to confirm.
    9. Exit Windows Explorer.

Most of the posts that are there state that they dislike Norton and Would Recommend "Pc Chillin or "AGV" which is free.

I would like to point out that the reason i post so much is because i have a lot of time on my hands at my job. I work at my local ISP, and when i don't have a call i'm usually browsing this site, doing what i can to help. I actually consider AO as a part of my job becuase i'm on it religiously.
    AntiOnline Quick Forum Version 2b Click Here