Cursor moves to OK/Cancel Button?

Thread: Cursor moves to OK/Cancel Button?

Cursor moves to OK/Cancel Button?

Alright, whenever i open a new window in a program, such as a game or chat client or whatever, the cursor appears over the OK or the Cancel button, and not where i had it before. I'm scanning right now to see if its virii but figured that i might as well post now to see if anyone had any other ideas.

Im running WinXP Home, on a Toshiba Satellite.

There is usually an option when setting up your mouse to Automatically jump to the ok/ cancel buttons, i think it called Intellihop or something along them lines, at least its called that for my mouse.

If you take a look at your mouse setup you should find the box that you need to uncheck!
    Drugs have taught an entire generation of kids the metric system.

http://tazforum.**********.com/

Hmm, that was a good idea for whats wrong but the box for the Snap To/Intellipoint feature was unchecked. Now that i think of it it might have been when i installed a security patch because i distinctly remember one about patching mouse software.

Edit: Well i found the patch i installed and i believe that this might be causing the problem. Its the Kensington Technology Group Mouse Driver Version 5.61.3.2. I'm not too sure on how to uninstall it, any help is appreciated.

This may well be a very stupid suggestion:

Activate the automatic jump box

Restart

De-activate the automatic jump box

Restart

It won't do any harm?

Good Luck

Haha yeah i was just about to do that a few hours ago, just tried it and no cigar, still got the problem.

What O/S have you got?

Im running WinXP Home, on a Toshiba Satellite.

.Edit: Well i found the patch i installed and i believe that this might be causing the problem. Its the Kensington Technology Group Mouse Driver Version 5.61.3.2. I'm not too sure on how to uninstall it, any help is appreciated.
    Press: Win + Pause/break ,select the Hardware tab, select the Device Manager.
    Go to Mice and Other pointing devices ( might be called something different on your machine) Double click on your mouse name that will appear, then select Uninstall or Rollback ( this might get rid of the patch but still leave the driver intact, ?maybe?)

Or you could do a Sys Restore to before you installed the patch!

Alright, well this thing is evil, but im used to it now after having to deal with it for a few days. Its not a big deal but thats for all the help you guys have given so far, and if anyone has anymore ideas post em, ill live even if its a bit annoying.