Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Addicts Forum

Addicts Forum

I think it's a good idea to have a forum like this but why not allow read access to it? You might say that it's to get people to contribute to the community by posting, but all it makes me want to do is reply with things like *nice post!* to get my post count up so I can read things there. Making it read only til 275 posts then you can write would make more sense so that people new to your site, but maybe not so new to the computer security world could share in the information. I don't like posting a lot because they somehow seem to get too long and involved and I simply don't have the time...when I should be reading something lol

In all fairness I could have my post count up to 275 in ... probably a minute or so? *Borrow someone else's account to view it? Find my fav. php sploit? (j/k...it's like walking on eggshells around here)

Star****ers|Inc

In all fairness I could have my post count up to 275 in ... probably a minute or so?
    Ignoring the obvious exaggeration for the moment: that's still not entirely true. If you read the thing explaining the forum, part of it says it's
    for people who have a good knowledge of computers/security & who do not post meaninglessly.
    The part that applies here is obviously the "who do not post meaninglessly" part.....if you tried to post a lot of crappy posts really fast, every single person with the ability to neg would neg you and you wouldn't last long enough to get your post count to 275 (after a few negs, you are banned from the site). Btw, please don't even try it bc it would be a pain in the a$$ for the moderators to fix. However, it's not a bad idea to make it read only....

lol..keezel..I know...really, I'm J/K...nobody ever take anything I ever type seriously if there's any hint of sarcasm, cause that's what it is It also isn't that hard to clean up, usually you can add a /modcp or /admincp when logged in to the forum url, if you have that access, and mark all for deletion with a few clicks

I really wanted something to read tonight is all...not sure what...and was hoping I'd find it somewhere on this site...maybe I'll try the tutorials again.

Star****ers|Inc

Yes Read only is an Excellent Idea.
    Im still trying to work out what's in there.

I anxious as i wanna just post here there and everywere just so i got 275 posts, then get into that area.
    But on the other hand i want to take my time, and see if i can make the 275 posts the proper way.
    So far i'm doing well, but there has been times when i just wanna do a quick one liner just to get an easy post so to speak.

And another Idea.
    I had an idea the other night.
    I was thinking how cool it would to have a room, and in that room you could write what ever you wanted, or bitch about something you hate, and you were not allowed to assign either Positive Nor Negative Points.

I think it would work pretty good. At least that way people could release some steam, so to speak.

Anyhow cheers

Cosmos is like that. Read the sticky. http://www.antionline.com/forumdispl...?s=&forumid=62 = forum. http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=242438 = sticky. Cosmos is actually a good forum for getting your post count up, but please don't do the one liner thing. And even if you post a lot in cosmos, your post count will go up but your antipoints won't.....that may not matter to you (and it shouldn't really).

*edit*
    Actually, the non-sensical thread may be more what you're looking for. It's in GCC (general chit chat). http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=248099

Thanks for the point Keezel.

Now to think of something else to write so this ain't no one liner.

Hmmmm.
    I know i think that it's time for another longest thread to start.
    But with this Thread i think it would be cooool if all the Members of Ao put a Post in it.
    And once the thread has been closed i think that all the N00bies should have to read it, before they can sign up here.,

But there'd have to be some sorta program that would make sure that the person had to read all them posts, and not just click to the end, then click Submit or whatever the button would be.

Or Maybe all n00bies go on a trial period for there first month or until they reach so many posts.
    And in this trial period if they get negged once they are banned.
    Or if they post something that is stupid like
    HEY CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW I CAN HACK THIS COMPUTER, DEFACE THIS WEBSITE, OR MAYBE CRASH THAT SERVER.?
    Then they could be banned?

I don't know im just saying what's coming from my mind. Maybe they sound stupid to some, but to me they are genuine ideas.

Anyhow cheers.

Or Maybe all n00bies go on a trial period for there first month or until they reach so many posts. And in this trial period if they get negged once they are banned.
    Or if they post something that is stupid like
    HEY CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW I CAN HACK THIS COMPUTER, DEFACE THIS WEBSITE, OR MAYBE CRASH THAT SERVER.? Then they could be banned?
    Bad idea...for many reasons. Number one reason being that all people that are new to AO are negged at least once by some jerk for no apparent reason since they are new they can't neg back. The people that ask how to hack stuff are usually banned anyway, so the AO system works pretty well as it is. As for the really long post....not really sure what you mean but I think it's a bad idea because people wouldn't want to join the site if they had to actually read a lot of stuff....I probably wouldn't. Besides, the non-sensical thread could actually *become* the next longest thread ever, lol.

*edit*
    grammar error^

My personal view is that you are not really "missing" anything.............the most interesting posts are in the general forums, which is how it should be.

The "exclusive" area is not really much more than a general internal housekeeping/philosophy type thing. If you look at the left side when you log in, you will see that guests tend to outnumber members about 4 to 1......................we don't want to bore them do we?

Anyways................when I talk about you behind your back..............I use telepathy............and my 20lb tabby tom cat "mystic mog"

Cheers

Ahhhh!!!

The mysterious Addicts forum. What could possibly be in there? What do we talk about?

Stay tuned next time for "the unveiling of the addicts forum"
    =

Banned
    creative_32X_mx > You could always create your own journal here at AO if you wanna release some steam... no worries about ap's there... no worries about post count either, though