Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can someone try and crack this? I made it

I dont know about anyone else, but I dont see why he wants us to crack it so bad. If he already knows what it says and just wants to see if someone can crack it, you think he would have more patcience. I dont know, maybe I am just being suspucious. Anyway, I cant help you even if I wanted to. Sorry.

-Ep
    01001001001000000100110001101111011101100110010100100000010000100110010101110100011101000111100100100001

i have no idea.....

hey people whats going on??will any senior care to tell an empty newbie- what is this about??

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    He's actually asking someone to do two things. 1) Figure out what cypher he is using, and 2) What his post says.

Now, if someone here deemed it worth while, I'm sure this information would come to light. But you have to ask yourself these questions before doing anything:

1) Did he really create an ecryption program? This is asked because of his insistance on someone cracking it.

2) Did he just type a bunch of crap and claim it as an encrypted message?

3) Did he grab a COTS encryption program hoping that someone who is technically able will crack this for him.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

If you post the algorithm, we will glady have a go at cracking they key.

Bear in mind that even the codebreakers in WWII generally had access to the algorithm (i.e. a captured engima machine), hence only had to crack the key.

Slarty

Banned
    I mean this is a security website, someone crack it.
    .think about what u said

and BTW: nate k9 ..please remove the picture from your signtaure ... it is a bug at AO to upload such a large picture ..and i see it has not been fixed ...and also it takes users with Dial up more time to load pages

Actually......

lol, at first while reading all of that i thought you guys were just being paranoid.... but yea... I should have thought of where I was considering this is a security site. I probably should have watched what I said. But yes it is mine(notice the name on the site below and my user name, lol just to point it out, and I will make a comment in the program showing it is mine), and no it isn't random characters, and what is a COT program?

Also, if you really want, the program I made is at this address:
    http://home.comcast.net/~dwcnmv/MyEncrypt.exe

Right now my program only encrypts up to 1000 characters at a time and has a 20 password limit, but that could easily be changed.

to use it you have to download it, but it spits out the encrypted text when you encrypt something in a .txt file. AAAAANNNNNDDDDD......

Someone said they wanted the algorithm, well the way I did it was each character has an ASCII number right? well I took and made it so you type in a password and it converts that password into ASCII and it subtracts 32 from those number so it starts at 0 and it less than 100 (just for ease of use later), and then I took and the ASCII numbers of the text to be encrypted and starting with the first letter added the ASCII number of the first letter of the password. So if we had an 'A' that needed to be encrypted and the password was 'password', we'd add 80 (since we subtracted 32 from the p) to equal 145. And just so it could be easily displayed I wanted it so that when it went over 126 it started back over again, so i'd minus 95 from that to get, 50. and so 'A' encrypted with the password 'password' would be '2'. and then lets say we add on an 't' so the plain text says 'At', we go to the next letter in the password, 'a' and so on and so on, until you get to the last letter in the password and then it starts over again.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    E, the modern pi.

Source, without the source there is no way you can even approach it.
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Bassed on what you said, your algoritm won't last very long. If you use the same password for more then one cyphertext, then it won't take long to crack it. The more cyphertext you have, the easier it will be to find the plain text. Figuring it out by hand would take quite a while, but a programmer could easily write aprogram to brute force the password and it wouldn't take to long to get it (couple days at most with a standard PC) I am sure if you go through some text, you will find that this technique has been used before, and I am sure there are better ways to crack in then brute force.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

ok

Ok, well the reason I was so eager is because I was wondering how good that was. I'm new to most of this stuff.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    E, the modern pi.